Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Schroder
United States
Howell
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Question: The rules say you cannot swap places during a run if the other player has a hiding place for their current location. But is it ok to use my first action to steal their hiding place (assuming they didnt just get it), and then as my second action swap places with them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Davis
United States
Sewickley
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems to be within the rules, as long as you are on a location that can get that hiding place, and the location you are swapping with has 2 character tokens on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Schroder
United States
Howell
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
What do you mean by "as long as you are on a location that can get that hiding place?" I thought you can take any hiding place?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Davis
United States
Sewickley
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Uggh. After reading the hiding rules 5 more times, I see you are right. The paragraph describing the Highway made me think that you are only allowed to grab ANY hiding space if you were on a location without a symbol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davy Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim1701 wrote:
Question: The rules say you cannot swap places during a run if the other player has a hiding place for their current location. But is it ok to use my first action to steal their hiding place (assuming they didnt just get it), and then as my second action swap places with them?

Seems like a valid turn to me. When we play, the hiding places move around so much, they are rarely on the "available to steal" side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Toystorian
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes what you described is exactly correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.