Popular Tags: [View All]
James Boutilier
Canada
Upper Tantallon
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
just wondering if t's a solid, engaging, replayable SOLO mode
-and worth buying just for the solo mode?

thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played it a few times that way, and the difficulty increases properly with the changes the rules indicate. But I wouldn't buy it for the solo game, I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the Kickstarter version, and the official solo rules didn't come in the game, but needed to be downloaded (I don't know if that is still true, but they are available for download here at BGG).

The solo game works well enough and provides challenge and strategic decisions. My main complaint is that the time-travel theme doesn't seem to come through well. This may be because I had expected too much. I haven't played multi-player, so I can't compare, but I suspect that the game might be more fun with player interaction.

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/200075/item/4428279#item44...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boutilier
Canada
Upper Tantallon
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Judy, always like it when you post about solo games.

So, complaint about theme aside, does it make for a good...want to play... solo game (to you) ?

Or is it that it's a game that "has the ability" to play solo (though you might not want to over time)...

Many thanks

((I've tried to stop with games that people need to make solo variants for, as they tend to be just that... IT's like, wow we really wish this had a solo mode, so because of that desire, you get a game that technically, with a bunch of fiddling, works solo -- not that it's a game you want to much))
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
jgb7 wrote:
Thanks Judy, always like it when you post about solo games.

So, complaint about theme aside, does it make for a good...want to play... solo game (to you) ?

Or is it that it's a game that "has the ability" to play solo (though you might not want to over time)...

Many thanks

((I've tried to stop with games that people need to make solo variants for, as they tend to be just that... IT's like, wow we really wish this had a solo mode, so because of that desire, you get a game that technically, with a bunch of fiddling, works solo -- not that it's a game you want to much))

The AI works well and provides a system-run "player" to compete against. The game plays solo fine and is not very different from the multi-player versions (except for intentional competitive player moves). Like I said, I was somewhat disappointed because the theme didn't come through for me, despite the components, but you may feel differently and really enjoy it. IMHO, the solo game rules work and provide a decent solitaire strategy game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.