Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Artem Trytiak
United States
Fremont
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
How complex game is? I play with my 5 years old daughter Ticket to Ride fine, will it be okay to play this game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Grenier
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
5 years might be a bit young for this game, but I started to play with my daughter almost a year ago (she was then 6.5yo) and while I am winning, she does enjoy the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Blitz
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played this with my 5yo without any problems. He doesn't play well but understands what he is doing and loves it.
We also play Age Of War, Zombie Dice and Sleeping Queens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Viegas
msg tools
Hi

I play this game with my godchildren for almost a year (they were 5 years old when we started), in the beggining i had to adapt some rules, leaving the money (buttens) out of the game and they had so much fun just by making they're patchwork with just the 3 pieces ahead of the game's token.

I recomend this game for kids (with adapted rules)!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ginsbu
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
My younger daughter started playing Patchwork on the iPad a few months before turning 4; she got the physical game for her 4th birthday. She plays for herself competently. Mostly I encourage her to try patches in different positions or try different patches before making her own choice. (She's sometimes more interested in how pretty the patch is than anything else.) I do need to make sure she correctly manages the game "overhead": paying for patches, advancing on the time track, collecting income, etc. The iPad game is easier for her because it takes care of all that for her so she can concentrate more fully on building her quilt. She beats me occasionally, today included. FWIW, she can't yet handle TtR.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.