Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So earlier someone asked in his masturbatory gloating fashion what Trump supporters will do when he loses the election. But I had a thought.

With as foregone a conclusion as it is that Hillary wins this thing, what happens if we get a Brexit moment and the conventional wisdom goes tits up? I am not expecting a mass exodus from the States by Hillary supporters*, but the level of disconnect from what is expected and what a Hillary loss would bring would be earth-shattering for many. So... if Hillary loses, what happens with her supporters?

Myself, I think we get four years of post-game analysis where people try to figure out how they couldn't see it coming. And, of course, malicious slandering of anyone and everyone else because the concept that these people weren't right and others couldn't just see it never enters their minds. But the breakdown would likely exceed even the 2000 fiasco where people lament a simpleton winning the office and they would rather have had the guy who couldn't outmaneuver the simpleton.

* Or more accurately, from Trump haters
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
So, again with the 'fashioning' since Hillary will WIN, just as 'moi' shall VOTE for neither of the major Party folk, and LIFE goes on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Myers
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
I still somewhat think Trump is going to win.

I'll be pretty upset, although hopeful that some good could come of it -- Trump offers the slightest hint of shaking corruption out of the system, and Clinton certainly doesn't.

He also has major hints of making life in general in America worse.

At the end of the day, he'd still be the President, and I'd be rooting for him to do well. I want life to be better for everyone more than I want my tribe to win; my tribe already can't win this election anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
What is that 'adage' about INSANE-folk repeatedly" doing the same stupid things, so: just don't! shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll just hope we can get through the next four years intact.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
This demonstration is not authorized and is in clear violation of Mall of America policy.
badge
Those who continue to demonstrate will be subject to arrest.
mbmb
Denial
Anger
Bargaining
Depression
Acceptance

Not sure I'd get all the way to step five in four years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
GameCrossing wrote:
S
With as foregone a conclusion as it is that Hillary wins this thing, what happens if we get a Brexit moment and the conventional wisdom goes tits up?

Dude, I thought Mormons didn't do even caffeine, let alone hallucinatory drugs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
GameCrossing wrote:
S
With as foregone a conclusion as it is that Hillary wins this thing, what happens if we get a Brexit moment and the conventional wisdom goes tits up?
she2 wrote:
Dude, I thought Mormons didn't do even caffeine, let alone hallucinatory drugs.
whistle Then 'moi' shall enact 'CAVE'-"retreats" for these, i.e. "BEARwalls"B"&"B"! coal S-E-E what they 'ate'!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
So earlier someone asked in his masturbatory gloating fashion what Trump supporters will do when he loses the election. But I had a thought.

With as foregone a conclusion as it is that Hillary wins this thing, what happens if we get a Brexit moment and the conventional wisdom goes tits up? I am not expecting a mass exodus from the States by Hillary supporters*, but the level of disconnect from what is expected and what a Hillary loss would bring would be earth-shattering for many. So... if Hillary loses, what happens with her supporters?

Myself, I think we get four years of post-game analysis where people try to figure out how they couldn't see it coming.

I honestly hope they question the media's intentions and involvement in the whole mess. Blame them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hilarity. Absolute. Wonderful. Hilarity.

There will be lots of crowing from those who'd predicted all along that Trump had it in the bag all along. There'll be the requisite mea culpa from me about how I was wrong --

-- quickly supplanted by the schadenfreude of how a fair number of fucknuts and certifiable cultists just voted fucking Donald J. Trump into office. (I'll still be here in RSP for sure.)

You think Hillary Clinton is the worst-case scenario for Republicans, even with Supreme Court noms in the offing and the Fed judiciary appointments? Far, far, far from it. With Hillary, Republicans at least have the advantage of bitching and whining from the sidelines -- I hate to say it, Junior, but it's the status quo -- and capitalizing on every mistake and every crappy bad-optics bit of messaging she makes. It's the way of things.

Trump has the ability and the potential to sink the Republican Party forever, just by virtue of being Donald J. Fucking Idiot Trump. Now, I don't believe that he'd be simple enough to be goaded into launching nukes via tweetstorm (let's be generous and give it a 5% probability). But he's enough of a mark that he can be goaded into all sorts of debacles short of that, both foreign and domestic. All the blind certitude of W, all the corrupt shitlording of Boss Tweed, the policy knowledge of Sarah Palin (probably even less so), and the morals of Tila Tequila. Elected, all out of pure unadulterated know-nothing, howling conservative spite. And that's not even touching his Cabinet.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure a Trump presidency will be the horrible of horribles for almost everyone in the United States, especially for the people who can least afford whatever beefy farts he decides to propose to Congress as law that morning. (OK, let's be honest, it's Bond villain-in-waiting Mike Pence who gleefully gets that job.)

It's the bleak, dark humor of people voting a certifiable know-nothing racist into office to spite all the multitudes of hippie liberals living in their heads. It's the humor of Strangelove and Catch-22, the happy dancing crap of the world, that a Trump presidency brings.

And the Republican Party refused to take the way out. There's always a hint of tragedy in comedy, after all.

I'm fucked, and you're fucked. I know you don't drink, but do you want a burger and a game before the President Trump Extreme Vetting Deportation Force comes to my house, sweeping the neighborhood for illegals? After all, I drive a beat-up Prius, and that was flagged in the database!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:

Myself, I think we get four years of post-game analysis where people try to figure out how they couldn't see it coming.

I honestly hope they question the media's intentions and involvement in the whole mess. Blame them.

Well, I imagine they may be helping the newly persecuted classes, such as immigrants, Muslims, and others that Trumpers doesn't like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bbenston wrote:
Hilarity. Absolute. Wonderful. Hilarity.

There will be lots of crowing from those who'd predicted all along that Trump had it in the bag all along. There'll be the requisite mea culpa from me about how I was wrong --

-- quickly supplanted by the schadenfreude of how a fair number of fucknuts and certifiable cultists just voted fucking Donald J. Trump into office. (I'll still be here in RSP for sure.)

You think Hillary Clinton is the worst-case scenario for Republicans, even with Supreme Court noms in the offing and the Fed judiciary appointments? Far, far, far from it. With Hillary, Republicans at least have the advantage of bitching and whining from the sidelines -- I hate to say it, Junior, but it's the status quo -- and capitalizing on every mistake and every crappy bad-optics bit of messaging she makes. It's the way of things.

Trump has the ability and the potential to sink the Republican Party forever, just by virtue of being Donald J. Fucking Idiot Trump. Now, I don't believe that he'd be simple enough to be goaded into launching nukes via tweetstorm (let's be generous and give it a 5% probability). But he's enough of a mark that he can be goaded into all sorts of debacles short of that, both foreign and domestic. All the blind certitude of W, all the corrupt shitlording of Boss Tweed, the policy knowledge of Sarah Palin (probably even less so), and the morals of Tila Tequila. Elected, all out of pure unadulterated know-nothing, howling conservative spite. And that's not even touching his Cabinet.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure a Trump presidency will be the horrible of horribles for almost everyone in the United States, especially for the people who can least afford whatever beefy farts he decides to propose to Congress as law that morning. (OK, let's be honest, it's Bond villain-in-waiting Mike Pence who gleefully gets that job.)

It's the bleak, dark humor of people voting a certifiable know-nothing racist into office to spite all the multitudes of hippie liberals living in their heads. It's the humor of Strangelove and Catch-22, the happy dancing crap of the world, that a Trump presidency brings.

And the Republican Party refused to take the way out. There's always a hint of tragedy in comedy, after all.

I'm fucked, and you're fucked. I know you don't drink, but do you want a burger and a game before the President Trump Extreme Vetting Deportation Force comes to my house, sweeping the neighborhood for illegals? After all, I drive a beat-up Prius, and that was flagged in the database!

Don't forget the market haircut that everyone will take (think 2008 levels), where their nest eggs drop 40% in the first week. They will be really pleased.

Oh, and then that leads to another recession, because although we are recovering, the markets won't have none of it.

So, I guess if you have any doubts about HRC's win, park all of your equity investments on the side until you see what happens on Nov. 9.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
darthhugo wrote:

So, I guess if you have any doubts about HRC's win, park all of your equity investments on the side until you see what happens on Nov. 9.

Meh. I'm a software engineer working in healthcare (irony on top of irony). Equity? That's all tied up in my house and whatever 401K I'm building sand grain by tiny little sand grain.

My equity comes from this, which largely puts the possibility of a Trump presidency into speculative what-if slash fiction. And this is before post-3rd debate polls have been priced in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
Yep, I am a girl Scientist. Come for the breasts; Stay for the brains!
badge
For as long as I shall live I will testify to love; I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
mbmbmbmbmb

Gary Johnson will be a strange but different kind of President.

Honestly that is the only upset I see as being genuinely possible. A massive last minute surge of "what the Hell, Hillary is already in so lets send a message to BOTH crappy sides" votes unexpectedly put Johnson on top!!

Whoo Hoo!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bbenston wrote:
darthhugo wrote:

Meh. I'm a software engineer working in healthcare (irony on top of irony). Equity? That's all tied up in my house and whatever 401K I'm building sand grain by tiny little sand grain.

My equity comes from this, which largely puts the possibility of a Trump presidency into speculative what-if slash fiction. And this is before post-3rd debate polls have been priced in.

Sorry.. I'm generalizing terms... meant stock market equities, but your home equity would also take a hit, but perhaps not to the same level as 2008 - 2013.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bbenston wrote:
darthhugo wrote:

You work in the 128 Corridor?

Also, I live right near Epic, and they are no laughing matter, so hats off to your timing and field.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Myers
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
Meerkat wrote:

Gary Johnson will be a strange but different kind of President.

Honestly that is the only upset I see as being genuinely possible. A massive last minute surge of "what the Hell, Hillary is already in so lets send a message to BOTH crappy sides" votes unexpectedly put Johnson on top!!

Whoo Hoo!!!!

If there was, say, a Nov. 7th large-scale terrorist attack or something, that could swing it Trump's way.

Part of me wonders if we stepped up the invasion in Mosul to avoid something like that occurring... but that seems counterproductive in reality. But it's a thought.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.brookings.edu/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/what-do...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If Trump makes presidency I see the D buckling down and flipping the house and Senate 2018, provided enough seats are up. It'll be an ugly couple years but the bakance of power will keep quite a few things in check. The R have set the 'fuck our job, no SC nominee' precedent, which will be a sad but likely event. Hey if we get it down to 7 we can have a majority agsin!

Life will go on, we'll just be the butt of a lot of jokes (and not in the Republican paranoia way) for a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hilary loses? The bright side Trump will make such a snafu of things no one will vote repub. for a generation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
darthhugo wrote:

Well, I imagine they may be helping the newly persecuted classes, such as immigrants, Muslims, and others that Trumpers doesn't like.

growlley wrote:
Hilary loses? The bright side Trump will make such a snafu of things no one will vote repub. for a generation.

You guys are missing the point of this. This isn't what would happen or how bad would it get. This is how would Hillary supporters react. But then, since you two are among those who have the most invested in schadenfreude, I can see why you can't bring yourselves to even fathom that part of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
GameCrossing wrote:
You guys are missing the point of this. This isn't what would happen or how bad would it get. This is how would Hillary supporters react.

i rarely meet hillary supporters - i do know quite a few "hold your nose and vote hillary" people tho
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
If Trump wins, I hope to be wrong in my view of how he would govern.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
i cant promise that i wont riot if my candidate monica moorhead doesnt win the presidency
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
i would have voted for mimi soltysik but he isnt even a write-in candidate in montana and im not intent on throwing my vote away
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.