Eldritch Horror» Forums » General

Subject: Name your top three favorite investigators rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Knapp

Yellowstone National Park
Wyoming
msg tools
I'm curious which investigators other people enjoy playing. I saw the Eldritch Polls thread but I want to see specifically who are your favorites.

1) Daisy Walker. She is just so much fun to play. If you can buff her lore she can become a serious powerhouse due to her being able to rest and still cast spells.
2) Leo Anderson. I love doing expeditions and no one does it better than Leo. He is essential when fighting ancient ones that interact a lot with wilderness spaces.
3) Lily Chen. It's always a blast double improving a skill. Lily can very easily turn into a powerhouse if she gets to improve many skills.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Ursula or Montery Jack is better for expeditions if you have those expansions

For me
Ursula: very mobile on the most difficult places to move by, balanced stats, good ability
Daisy: versatile and safe spellcaster
Zoey: infinite tasks means you always have something to do! fun to try and optimize your movements to make the most of game objectives and task objectives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Aristides
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Charlie Kane: lots and lots of stuff, for everyone!
Rex Murphy: because he is unique, and can be a late game powerhouse
Daisy Walker: same reasons as mentioned before
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alasdair H
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jenny Barnes: I love getting to play kickass female characters, especially in a historically misogynistic setting like the 1920s. Jenny is a great support character, her reckless ability to throw money at a problem like nobody else feels awesome, and she's capable of taking down eldritch monsters as well. Excellent pairing of strong abilities and a satisfying theme.

Ursula Downs: Another of my favourite badass ladies, she's not afraid to get her hands dirty, she's extremely well rounded, and great at crossing large distances in a single bound.

Trish Scarborough: My original favourite before the expansions, the feel of this James Bond character delving into arcane mysteries is a nice twist on most of the investigators. She's well informed and prepared, but with government resources, not mystical ones, and her auto clue generation can be an incredible boon in smaller player games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Tattersall
msg tools
Hank Sansom - no-nonsense thug, who often retrieves situations that others have failed with.
Minh Thi Phan - great combo character.
Wendy Adams - so young but so courageous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek Domański
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Marie Lambeau - a whole load of options
Zoey Samaras - perfect pairing of mechanics and theme
Lily Chen - same as above, my favorite from the time she was first pblished in Arkham Horror
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soak man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zoey Samaras: Always have a goal because of her tasks; she has a great ability that is pretty easy to activate due to her high willpower and starting Cross item; she has high lore and will and strength allowing her to close gates, fight, and participate in expeditions reasonably. Just avoid those city encounters!

Daisy: Font of clues & ultimate ritual caster! Blessing/banishing in her sleep! And I have a soft spot for Librarians and big books. <3 devil

Agnes Baker: I just love her backstory. I prefer the Arkham Horror write-up but I had so many amazing adventures playing as the reincarnated sorceress from Hyperboria! Like the time she sailed the White Ship into the Dreamland and came out the other side riding a blinding beam of light!

(Not to toot my own horn, but I have grown quite attached to my custom characters as well, which can be found in the file section. Out of those, I am particularly attached to Eunice the geometrician, and Astrid the gossip.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emily Dickinson
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to go purely on theme for this, these are not necessarily recommendations:

Norman Withers - Just make it up! "Yes, of course, the Egyptians must have been time travelers, and they brought mushrooms and salamanders with them! It's all so simple!"

Jacqueline Fine - Nora Charles, Lucille Bluth, and Sadie Doyle are my inspirations for her - "Oh, darling, about that cut on your leg? Well, the good news is, it'll only take you half the time to trim your toenails," I just love how delighted she is whenever someone else gets hurt.

Silas Marsh - Doesn't have anything cute to say. That's all right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Albrecht
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
3. Akachi Onyele: I love messing around with the gate stack, keeping important locations free of monsters. Teleporting after a gate encounter is fun, too.

2. Agnes Baker: She has the best lore in all of the Arkham games, and I really like pulling spells out of nowhere.

1. Monterey Jack: Not-Indy has been my favorite character in these games forever, and he's even better in EH, since I really like expedition encounters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego

New Kensington
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1.) Charlie Kane
2.) Lily Chen
3.) Trish Scarborough

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.