Popular Tags: [View All]
Jimmy Hensel
United States
Bryan
Texas
flag msg tools
Have games, Will travel
mbmbmbmbmb
The Civil Engineers card says "On a future build action all rivers and water are $1k for that build."

Is that $1,000 for each tile on a river or water hex or $1,000 for all the tiles on a river or water hex for the build?

Example: a build has two river hexes, a water hex and a clear terrain hex. Is the cost $5,000 or $3,000?

Edit: The question has been answered, and I edited the thread tile to reflect the answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Civil Engineers - is cost per tile or build?
It's $1k per tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Hensel
United States
Bryan
Texas
flag msg tools
Have games, Will travel
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Civil Engineers - is cost per tile or build?
Doom Turtle, thanks for your reply which was confirmed on Legal Track Placement in the Railways Series -- A Comprehensive Guide where I also posted this question. William Simonitis replied there:

Datharaur wrote:
I originally posted the suggestion for that particular card. As I recall it, we eventually agreed that Civil Engineers would, for one build, reduce all river and water hexes to a cost of one dollar per hex built. See the link below for more information.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/4832703#4832703

After reading the thread, I'm convinced that William's answer is as official as it gets since he suggested the card to Bobby Warren who initiated and coordinated the design of the deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
DoomTurtle wrote:
It's $1k per tile.
Agreed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.