$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
45.6% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Neuroshima: Convoy» Forums » Rules

Subject: Brutes' Shields and the Bomb Affect (and a clarification on targeting) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Scholtz
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First question, punching through the Brutes' shield tokens. Can the bomb effect from a demolished district destroy a robot that has shields on it? I would think yes, since the shields only protect the robot from the Outpost's abilities, and the bomb isn't one of their abilities.

Second question, targetting. The 2nd edition english rules, Pg 7, say "The special skills of cards located in the cities (...) only affect the current city and only if that city is not destroyed." I'm interpreting "current" to mean "the city that the robot/soldier, who is activating the ability, is in". That's the way I had understood it but I got a bit confused playing my first game tonight with an opponent, we read the rules and we weren't sure if was clear about what could be targetted. (ex. if a Brute moves into a city, can he place his shield on *any* robot in any non-destroyed city?)

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shield will not make you immune to bombs or instants.

A Robot, Soldier or Building (buildings don't really target stuff, but this still applies) must always target something in the city it is currently in and only if that city is not destroyed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Scholtz
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Evil_X wrote:
Shield will not make you immune to bombs or instants.

A Robot, Soldier or Building (buildings don't really target stuff, but this still applies) must always target something in the city it is currently in and only if that city is not destroyed.

re: targetting ...perfect, that's what I thought! My opponent was using his Brain in a future city to pull his Brute in *another* city in and out of place, and dropping shields every where, and I felt "hold on, that doesn't feel right".

re: shields and instants...and thanks for the clarification about instants punching through shields, I missed that in the rules as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Scholtz
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oooh, ok, one more clarification: the Scout, when placed, can only move a soldier out of the city into which he was played. I can't, for example, use the scout to move a soldier from some other city *into* the city my scout was just played or somewhere else.

Also, a scout played into a destroyed city has no affect, because a card's special abilities don't work in destroyed cities, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.