$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 129.87

7,655 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
48.2% of Goal | left

Support:

munificent one
msg tools
I am doing my first full playthrough of FCM tomorrow and I wanted to clarify reserve cards. Am I right in thinking that all players have three CEO slots prior to the first breaking of the bank?

If not, and if they have the appropriate number for the reserve card played from the start of the game, does that not wreck the metagame of not knowing the likely game duration?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philipp Eis
Germany
Dortmund
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you start with the normal CEO card with 3 employee slots.

Before the game starts you choose your reserve card, which is played hidden. After the bank breaks for the first time all the reserve cards are revealed and you check how many CEO slots you have in the next round and how much money goes into the bank (rules clarification on p. 12).

Have fun with your first play!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Hub
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
munificent wrote:
I am doing my first full playthrough of FCM tomorrow and I wanted to clarify reserve cards. Am I right in thinking that all players have three CEO slots prior to the first breaking of the bank?

If not, and if they have the appropriate number for the reserve card played from the start of the game, does that not wreck the metagame of not knowing the likely game duration?

Correct, three slots for the employees before the bank breaks the first time.

I do not quite understand your second question, but maybe it is not relevant with the first answer being "yes".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucien Copus
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
munificent wrote:

To add to what other people have said, you do know that everyone gets the same number of slots after the bank breaks? Your second question makes it sound like you think everyone gets what they voted for, that's not the case. It's a majority vote, whichever slot number has the most people play it gets chosen. With ties broken in favour of the higher number.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Allen
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
munificent wrote:

I understood the second question to be referring to what you start the game with. Since others answered the first question, the second is moot in that everyone starts with three slots and not what is on the reserve card they played. Then after the bank breaks each player gets the same number of slots which is determined by the reserve card that was chosen by the majority of players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
munificent one
msg tools
Thanks guys, that has cleared that up for me, and added further clarification to the nuance I would have missed about slots after the bank breaks.

I'm looking forward to crushing my food rivals with a mighty empire at my beck and call.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.