Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam in Wales
Wales
Cardiff
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I gather from the rules that a player can score a bonus card at any time.

In my first game, I had a situation where my opponent had two beans to plant into one of his fields at the end of his turn. He placed the first one, and immediately placed the second one on top of it.

In that brief second between the placement of the first and second card, I could declare my bonus card completed. But as soon as he placed the second card, my bonus card was no longer valid.

Can I claim a bonus card in the middle of my opponent's action in that way - or would I have to wait until he had finished his total action before I could claim?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Tix
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I didn't check the rules, but if you are interested in an opinion: It's up to you. Just decide to de it one way. I don't see a problem to say, wait, pal, you had the combo of my bonus card right there, so I score it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Ohn
Denmark
Aarhus
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think it makes sense what
Tim Tix
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
is saying: That you can say "I had the bonus right there, before you put down the second card". Because if you don't play like that, it will incline you to put your cards down fast, so your opponent doesn't have time to score combos. And I don't think that is an intended mechanic of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Keller
Germany
Dietzenbach
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Adam78 wrote:
I gather from the rules that a player can score a bonus card at any time.

In my first game, I had a situation where my opponent had two beans to plant into one of his fields at the end of his turn. He placed the first one, and immediately placed the second one on top of it.

In that brief second between the placement of the first and second card, I could declare my bonus card completed. But as soon as he placed the second card, my bonus card was no longer valid.

Can I claim a bonus card in the middle of my opponent's action in that way - or would I have to wait until he had finished his total action before I could claim?

Hey Adam,

you have to plant the beans one after another in order to allow bohnus cards to be played. So yes, you can score them in between without any problems. :)

Have fun,
Bernd

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.