Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Combat Commander Series» Forums » General

Subject: SSR "Names" - is there any special significance? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I am compiling a reference document to share here which lists all the scenario SSRs, with various possibilities for using that info, but I just wondered does anyone know if there is any significance to the "named" SSRs, was that an early idea to reuse the same SSR in other scenarios, or some other reason? Some of the unnamed ones like "Allied player goes first" or "dont use this or that objective" I can understand not having names (I am debating whether to include these as generic categories like "Initiative" and "Mission" blah blah), but some feel like they could be named as well, eg Europe scenario 6 where orders increase via the time track due to command confusion of missing officers.

It's no big deal, nor a critique of anything, I just want to know if there is any logic behind it so I can organize this document as logically as possible

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwik
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmbmbmb
SSR names are purely thematic/historical.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanks Chad. I figured that, I was more curious why some of them didnt have names, I suppose its not easy to come up with snappy headlines to so many rules! It's utterly fantastic by the way, that those SSRs really add a huge amount of game driven flavour with minimal overhead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Huffman
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For my home-grown ones, my SSR names are meant to be witty and clever. I'll leave it to you as to how successful I was. LOL

I also tried to name everything. but some Routine stuff really doesn't rate a name, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.