Perdition's Mouth: Abyssal Rift» Forums » General

Subject: Campaign mode - Treasures rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sebastian Beck
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a little confused about the Hideout expansion and the treasures.

Maybe anybody could explain it for me.

Which treasures am I able to buy between missions? Any treasure in the treasure deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Hi Sebastian.

No, just the ones that traders will have.
You will notice those with different backside.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Beck
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those treasures that have the "not part of the treasure deck" backside?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman Teichmann
Germany
flag msg tools
On a related note: What does the Star Symbol on the upper right corner of some treasure cards mean? This icon is nowhere to be found in the rulebook (it can be found on cards like Gloves of Transmutation and Robes of False Prophet).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman Teichmann
Germany
flag msg tools
After reading the Data Sheet from the Hideout Expension again, there is a mention that there are 25 treasure cards included. There are exactly 25 cards with the star symbol in the upper right corner, so i think these are the "shopping" cards (but they have the same backside)?

*edit* After the 3. try i'm now sure i got it. In the Special Treasure Deck there are 16 Treasure Cards who have a red circled "T" symbol on the upper right corner on the front side of the card. The rules indicate that these are the shopping cards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Norman Teichmann wrote:
After reading the Data Sheet from the Hideout Expension again, there is a mention that there are 25 treasure cards included. There are exactly 25 cards with the star symbol in the upper right corner, so i think these are the "shopping" cards (but they have the same backside)?

*edit* After the 3. try i'm now sure i got it. In the Special Treasure Deck there are 16 Treasure Cards who have a red circled "T" symbol on the upper right corner on the front side of the card. The rules indicate that these are the shopping cards

Your take 3 is correct

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samson The Dragon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So all the other treasure cards from the 3 campaigns may be used from the start? Or should they enter depending what campaign we are doing? The only exception i found was the 'Helm of Dominion' that is needed for a scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Samson1976 wrote:
So all the other treasure cards from the 3 campaigns may be used from the start? Or should they enter depending what campaign we are doing? The only exception i found was the 'Helm of Dominion' that is needed for a scenario.

the expansion treasures are intended to be included only in the expansions. If you have all components, I'd advice not shuffling all treasures
to one deck.

Thus, you should not gain HO treasures when going WG through, for instance.
Treasures are thought in such way that it keeps balance and gives things that are needed for that situation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jochen Wiesner
Germany
Düsseldorf
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
But treasures are meant to be kept when moving on to the next campaign?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
The_Crimson_King wrote:
But treasures are meant to be kept when moving on to the next campaign?

Absolutely. So if GAIN treasures, sure you'll keep those.

What I wanted to say is: You should not place treasures from another campaign to your Treasure deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samson The Dragon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hm, i did mix them when i opened the box. I suppose the cards from the hideout and grotto expansion are those with a small H or W in the corner?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Yep, Samson, you're correct.

The ones with W are Witch's grotto, the ones with H are Hideout treasures.

And in all cases Treasures that have different back are not intended to be in Treasure deck at any given time. Those are Treasures with particular purpose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Beck
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When playing with the hideout expansion: Who sells the different items? Is there any hint except the little help in the Hideout rules sheet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruymán
Belgium
flag msg tools
mb
Beckikaze wrote:
When playing with the hideout expansion: Who sells the different items? Is there any hint except the little help in the Hideout rules sheet?

Yes, the Hideout rule sheet explain which items are sold by which merchants. Then you apply the Traders variant rules on page 33 of the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.