Subject: Leader Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martyn Smith
England
Bourne
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
I don't know why, but this picture ALWAYS makes me smile...
mbmbmbmbmb
Please forgive me for what I imagine are going to be rather elementary questions...

When a leader is stacked with a unit and that unit is eliminated and after the leader has survived both leader checks - what happens to the leader once the opposing force has entered his hex?

Is he free to retreat and, if possible, join to another unit, or is there something else that happens?

Also, since leaders can never be disordered, does this mean that the unit they're stacked with can't be disordered either?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Martin - no problem, the question crops up frequently as an errata question. It was addressed in the Stamford Bridge series rules. Simply add this paragraph to the end of rule 14.4

'If the leader survives this check he is simply placed with the nearest friendly unit. If multiple friendly units are equal distance from the leader the owning player may choose which hex to displace to'.

Only leaders are immune to the disorder result. Units stacked with leaders do suffer the disorder result.

Please also note that the combat chart is missing the modifier for charging into an enemy flank / rear (+2). It is the exposure of unit's flanks that opens the game up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martyn Smith
England
Bourne
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
I don't know why, but this picture ALWAYS makes me smile...
mbmbmbmbmb
normsmith wrote:
Hi Martin - no problem, the question crops up frequently as an errata question. It was addressed in the Stamford Bridge series rules. Simply add this paragraph to the end of rule 14.4

'If the leader survives this check he is simply placed with the nearest friendly unit. If multiple friendly units are equal distance from the leader the owning player may choose which hex to displace to'.

Only leaders are immune to the disorder result. Units stacked with leaders do suffer the disorder result.

Please also note that the combat chart is missing the modifier for charging into an enemy flank / rear (+2). It is the exposure of unit's flanks that opens the game up.

Hello Norm - thanks for the clarification and yes, I've already been availing myself of flank/rear attacks - they really do mix things up a bit! I am rather addicted to your game at the moment and it'll be hitting the table again very shortly. I know that you say a new player should wait until they've logged two or three games before passing judgement, but I already realise how great it is!!

(By the way, I am Martyn, not Martin - thanks! )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Martyn, my auto spell checker had re-named you! Sorry.

Glad you are enjoying Hastings, it seems to have stood the test of time rather well, as it is quite an old design, I think the original was 2001. Revolution games have done a nice job of bringing it up to scratch.

I have been buying a few games lately that have a small footprint as the house we have moved into is basically having a refurb and everything is in chaos, so the compact stuff that plays in a single session is winning out for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.