Hide
4 Posts

Forbidden Desert» Forums » Variants

Subject: making sand clearing lees anoying? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Popov Victor
msg tools
i'm thinking of getting back and playing this game, but the desert clearing mechanic is just so anoying for me i was thinking of using a variant in which 1 action clears 2 sands, and the archeologist clears 4 sands with his special ability. i know it will make the game easier but i think it will be more enjoyable and family friendly as forbidden island is

or maybe I should just draw cards after ALL the players made their actions? which one do you think will be too easy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Beighel
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
They both sound like they'd really make the game much easier. The storm only going once after all players would probably be the easier of the two.

Is it the fiddliness of putting sand tokens on and off that you dislike, or the mechanic doesn't appeal to you?

If you don't like the mechanic maybe Forbidden Island would go better.

If it's moving the tokens maybe may it 1 action to remove a single sand, but 3 actions to remove all sand from a tile regardless of depth. Might be easier, but I'm thinking that I run into as many tiles with more than 3 sand tokens as less, so it might balance out a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Popov Victor
msg tools
it's the machanic that i dislike i just feel that it makes the game artificialy hard. but your ideea with 3 actions to clear all the sand is a nice one i will try it. forbidden island doesn't have the parts that I love in forbidden desert (using items, sun beats down, the way you find the pieces)

or maybe i'll just add one less sand than the storm marker shows me to

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from General to Variants.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.