Harvey Cornell
United States
Mansfield
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi! Just got this game from the kickstarter and it is great!

I have a question about guard movement I hope someone can answer: If a guard is patrolling a ring that is only partially revealed and the movement portion of phase III indicates to move the guard into an undiscovered room does he:

A) move onto the undiscovered room
B) discover the room and then move into it (whether that is one or two movement points)
C) turn around and move in the opposite direction

Honestly none of the choices make a lot of sense. If you move him into an undiscovered room then he may be crossing a wall. But then I guess Morrow can do that and that doesn't make sense to me either. If he discovers the room, then players gain information because a guard that may be nowhere near the players made a move. And finally, turning around for no reason other than a room is not discovered by the players (how would the guard know) makes little sense either. Of the three, that last one is the least illogical to me. I suppose you could say the room has sensors and the guard will know if it has been entered or not.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Harvey

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Chandler
United States
Burke
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RogueGamer wrote:
Hi! Just got this game from the kickstarter and it is great!

I have a question about guard movement I hope someone can answer: If a guard is patrolling a ring that is only partially revealed and the movement portion of phase III indicates to move the guard into an undiscovered room does he:

A) move onto the undiscovered room
B) discover the room and then move into it (whether that is one or two movement points)
C) turn around and move in the opposite direction

Honestly none of the choices make a lot of sense. If you move him into an undiscovered room then he may be crossing a wall. But then I guess Morrow can do that and that doesn't make sense to me either. If he discovers the room, then players gain information because a guard that may be nowhere near the players made a move. And finally, turning around for no reason other than a room is not discovered by the players (how would the guard know) makes little sense either. Of the three, that last one is the least illogical to me. I suppose you could say the room has sensors and the guard will know if it has been entered or not.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Harvey

I like A) move onto the undiscovered room
The way I rationalize this is that I know he's in the ring somewhere because I hear him. That spot may not be the exact spot and I won't really know until I see him...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chong
msg tools
Play through video indicates the answer is a) minotaur moves into undiscovered tile. Yes, there may be a wall on that undiscovered tile but it does not take into effect until it is revealed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sixarmedman wrote:
Play through video indicates the answer is a) minotaur moves into undiscovered tile. Yes, there may be a wall on that undiscovered tile but it does not take into effect until it is revealed

This was already confirmed in another thread by one of the designers here on BGG as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chong
msg tools
Sweet

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harvey Cornell
United States
Mansfield
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the responses!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Pricklefish
msg tools
designer
A wild designer appears!

Just for sports, I will confirm that what was said here is completely correct. Carry on!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.