Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Hymowitz
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I got this wrong during the game but right after re-reading the rules. I just want to make sure.

It was our first game, and I was teaching and said "You cannot use a card the turn you bought it." But I now realize, on re-reading the rules, that "You cannot Activate a card the turn you bought it."

During the Activate phase, I bought a Time Lock Vault.

When the Cleanup phase came, I wasn't entirely sure if I was allowed to put two dice in the Time Lock Vault. At the time, I decided "no," but in retrospect, I think the answer should have been "Yes. When the Activate phase is complete and I move to the Cleanup phase, I put my newly purchased cards into my tableau. Now I have a Time Lock Vault which allows me to put 2 dice in it. The fact that I just bought it is no longer relevant."

Is my after-the-fact decision correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Alspach
United States
Louisville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Preorder One Night Ultimate Werewolf now from www.beziergames.com
badge
One Night Ultimate Werewolf
mbmbmb
Yes, cards that are purchased are not active (usable or uprgradeable) until the cleanup phase of your turn.

So you may put resources in your Time Lock vault on the same turn you purchase it.

Likewise, Defensive cards are active at the end of the turn you purchase them, so they will (might) protect you from attacks prior to your next turn.

You can still never upgrade a card on the same turn that you purchased it, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.