Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Watson
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm considering upgrading from TK (1999 version) to the AE edition. I have a question regarding game length for the full campaign. The game summary on this page indicates that play time 3600 minutes, or a whopping 60 hours.

In my experience, players reasonably well-versed in the rules could play a full (or at least into late '44) TK game in 25-30 hours. Is the new version really that much longer?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Márquez Linares
Spain
Granada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the difference is the Pre-war, for experienced players it shouldn't take much longer than 2 hours to play, 3 hours tops if the Axis goes for long Pre-war. There are many turns when nothing happens and most other turns are resolved with a die roll. The rest of the game should take more or less the same as the original TK! The basic movement and combat mechanics are the same and the added complexity of support unit rules and policies should not account for a much longer duration.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Watson
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your reply. Having read the living AE:TK rules available online this is what I thought. And even though I didn't specifically ask about the added length due to the 1937 start, I appreciate your answering that. I figure those turns are pretty much a roll on a political table and maybe adding a multi-step unit or two to the forc epool/delay box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.