Subject: Can you use Emergency Ram Jets after a Full Stop? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Groesbeck
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mb
The ship upgrade Emergency Ram Jets allow you to Discard it as an Action to initiate a full burn Move. It specifically says you can use it even if your other Action is a Move action.

So lets say your first action is to Move at full burn, but that somewhere before your destination you draw a Nav card that leads to a Full Stop. Can you trigger Ram Jets as your second action to initiate another full burn move to try and reach your destination?

The rules for Full Stop state:

Quote:
Your ship halts in the current Sector.
No further movement is possible. If
you have another Action to take, you
may do so.

I interpret the "No further movement is possible" as applying to the current action, which would allow the Ram Jets to be used as a second action after a Full Stop on the first action. Others interpret it as applying to the entire turn, meaning the Ram Jets could not be used if the first action resulted in a Full Stop.

Has this ever been officially clarified anywhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mudd Grizzly

Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmb
Card usually trumps rulebook. And in this case, I don't think they're even really in conflict. I'd definitely say Ram Jets lets you fly again, regardless of what happened on your last action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Stratford
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes you can. A Full Stop only applies to the current Fly Action. Using the Ram Jets is a second (and different) Fly Action to your first one and any outcome of the first Fly Action has no bearing on the second Fly Action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dalek1 wrote:
Yes you can. A Full Stop only applies to the current Fly Action. Using the Ram Jets is a second (and different) Fly Action to your first one and any outcome of the first Fly Action has no bearing on the second Fly Action.

^ this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh D
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I agree that you can use ram jets after a full stop. To support Dalek1's point GF9 confirmed that after an evade which occurs at the star of your turn due to a Reaver effect and I reckon the Emergency Ram Jets situation is equivalent to that.

Gale Force Nine wrote:
Your interpretations are correct, your resolve the Reaver Contact event before you take your two actions, so you may Evade. Than use one of your actions to Fly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.