Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Kurgas
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The Avanto card provides no additional actions, only stating that I draw 3 more cards and I may play a Sauna card. Do I need an action from somewhere else, in order to play the Sauna card?

If no action is required, then that would allow me to chain Sauna and Avanto cards until I run out of them. Also, any actions I might have accumulated to that point would still be available.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederic Heath-Renn
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
billk1928 wrote:
The Avanto card provides no additional actions, only stating that I draw 3 more cards and I may play a Sauna card. Do I need an action from somewhere else, in order to play the Sauna card?

No.

Quote:
If no action is required, then that would allow me to chain Sauna and Avanto cards until I run out of them.

Yes, that's the idea.

Quote:
Also, any actions I might have accumulated to that point would still be available.

Yup. :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dark Ages: Cultist was the first card to use this unusual mechanism.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Glory to Rome!
badge
"Let each man pass his days in that wherein his skill is greatest" Propertius Sextus
mbmbmbmbmb
MunchWolf wrote:

Summon and Prince also use it, but as you said Cultist was the first.

Edit: Actually, Throne Room was the first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
billk1928 wrote:

Um. If needed an action from somewhere else, why would the Avanto card need to say anything? If you have an action from somewhere else, you can play a Sauna (or any other action you like) anyway!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
darthnice wrote:
MunchWolf wrote:

Summon and Prince also use it, but as you said Cultist was the first.

Edit: Actually, Throne Room was the first.

Prince and Throne Room are not quite the same thing. While they let you play cards without actions, they are cards you selected using Prince or Throne Room.

Sauna, Avanto, and Cultist all specify the name of the card you can play without an action on the card
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.