Subject: Govenor character - can a player perform an action twice? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marco Hoehener
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Played this game yesterday and someone grabbed the governor character. He used it for his 2nd to last action in the round and moved his worker discs to an action he did previously on his turn and therefore could do the action twice in this round.

it says in the rule that you can only do an action once per round, but for us this refers more to the rule that you have to take all discs from an action spot when performing it.

So the fact that he arrived there after he took the action already once an his action discs from the first go where correctly gone, we decided his move is legal, but we were not 100% sure.

Did we play right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
https://www.facebook.com/amuse.ment.92
badge
mbmbmb
IMHO the Governor character trashes the subtlety of the placement phase. Just like the Rising waters expansion it has no place in the base game which need no enhancement.

I know this doesn't answer your question but the game is broken either way once you decide to add the Governor card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikolas Co
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Governor was supposed to be an expansion for this edition. I don't know what rules were included with that copy. I have responded on the second edition thread that you started.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.