1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [25] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: The Weekender IV - Game over, GOOD WINS AGAIN rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
THE WEEKENDER IV

This is an 11 player game that is designed to run in a single weekend. Dusk runs twice a day at both 1:00PM and at 4:30PM BGG time and dawn is at 1:30PM and 5:00PM BGG time. This rule set is suitable for both new and experienced players. This game will only run on Saturday, and Sunday. It is intended for those who have time to play werewolf on the weekends rather then the week days.

ROLES
All players win with their team, whether or not they remain alive at the end of the game.

TEAM EVIL (3/11)
Team evil wins as soon as they reach parity. Parity happens when there is as many or more wolves left alive as there are non-wolves.

Mad Scientist
The mad scientist secretly picks three players on night 0. (The mad scientist cannot pick him or herself.) Two of those three players become werewolves.
The mad scientist then spends the rest of the game attempting to help the werewolves win.

Werewolf (x2)
The wolves share a private chat. They select one player in secret to be killed every night.
The first wolf to die brutals (kills) a target of his/her choice. This brutal is not optional, if no target has been set then a random non-wolf target will be chosen.

TEAM GOOD (8/11)
Team good wins as soon as all wolves are killed. The mad scientist does not need to be killed in order for team good to win.

Seer
The seer views a target each night. The seer receives a response of "wolf" or "not wolf".
The seer receives a random non-wolf for his/her n0 view.

Wood Cutter
The wood cutter brutals (kills) a player on his/her death.
This kill is not optional. If no valid target has been set by the player the target will be chosen randomly.

Hunter
The hunter defies parity. If the game ever comes down to just the hunter and a wolf then good wins.

Villagers (x5)
Most villagers have no special abilities.
One villager will be the tie breaker. The tie breaker will be told they are a villager at the start of the game but will reveal as "Tie Breaker" on death.
If there is ever a tie for lynch leader and the tie breaker is voting for one of the leading candidates then the player that the tie breaker is voting for will be the one lynched, regardless of LHLV.

GAME RULES
This game is expected to run over the course of a single weekend. In order to do that there will be two lynches per day. There is a small chance that the final day may spill over into Monday night.
Any ties for lynch lead in this game go to whomever the tie breaker is voting for. If the tie breaker is not voting for a lynch leader then LHLV is used for breaking ties.
When a player dies there will always be full role and alignment reveal.
No lynch and no night kill will not be an option this game. If the wolves do not select a target for the night kill a random non-wolf target will be chosen.
Posting game changing information (such as claims, false claims, seer views, ect.) during no talking times will result in a mod kill, or if you were going to die anyway it will result in the mod kill of someone on your team. Non-game changing posts will in most cases result in a scolding by the mod.
If you want to ask the mod a question in thread, please post it in red (you can use r{}r to make your text red). I respond in gold.
Please only sign up if you can participate.
No communication with other players about the game outside of the game until it is over.
No encryption. No codes that require a pre-arranged shared secret or an application to decode. Any "hints" that everyone in the thread has an equal chance of understanding or which are based on in game information are ok.
Any players who have not participated in the last 24 hours, or posted with an explanation of why they will be gone, at the "2 hours before lynch" mark of any lynch day may be put up for replacement.
A general primer on how to play werewolf can be found here.
You can sign up for this game here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The Weekender IV - In Signups
Player List According to Cassandra:
BerenCamlost
contiguity
doppio
GaiusJC
gelrod
ljtrigirl
Mrfan
pilotbob
Smugvid
stonecutter129
The_Rorab

11 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://cassandrawerewolf.com/game/1658878

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
I'm not sure if all this will work, with the cassy tourmoil that I don't fully understand, but I wanted to try a weekend game. This set went through a couple of iterations a year ago and was quite fun and well balanced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Żarski-Riley
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
Just take a moment for yourself
badge
I have no idea
mbmbmbmbmb
Cassy shouldn't be an issue for you, the new one seems to work fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
I run wit bad ass sistas wit them righteous fangs, Killas that cut ya leave ya bleeding to die in the rain. Yall can’t understand the blade as it slice through ya vein, Yall ain’t realize the sweet fore it turn into pain. - O Dawg
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't play weekend games, but it sure is good to see you back, Blaze!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Thanks TFang. I'm glad you're still here, and all the other people I know. We had some fun times.

I'm not going to be able to be active during the week... work and all that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Admiral L Squared
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Trigirl being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably be murdalated. -Dangerface
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
mbmbmbmbmb
I fixed it. We're good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hill
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Nickname courtesy of Baby Cat! <3
badge
"Work like a Captain. Play like a Pirate!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
I run wit bad ass sistas wit them righteous fangs, Killas that cut ya leave ya bleeding to die in the rain. Yall can’t understand the blade as it slice through ya vein, Yall ain’t realize the sweet fore it turn into pain. - O Dawg
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:
I fixed it. We're good.

It unfixes when Cassy edits the post for the roster, apparently.

http://52.55.166.81/game/1658878

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
TFang wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:
I fixed it. We're good.

It unfixes when Cassy edits the post for the roster, apparently.

http://52.55.166.81/game/1658878
It would have been amusing if your link secretly went to a completely different game, perhaps one that you were modding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gaius Ceaser
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
So I recognize the reality of a weekend game. This could easily take some time to fill and it really matters quite a bit which weekend the game ends up running on.

So here's the plan: Go ahead and sign up if you would theoretically be into playing a game on the weekend, and when it gets near filling I'll take a survey or post a poll and we'll just have to figure out which weekend most of the people have free. If it ends up falling on a weekend in which you're busy then feel free to drop at that point, we'll deal with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Does anyone have any input on the time? I just picked a time that seemed good, but it's flexible. I heard somewhere that later might be better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Żarski-Riley
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
I have no idea
mbmbmbmbmb
I would definitely play, but 8:30 is too late for me, I could probably go to 6:30, but don't change stuff just for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolf Parade
Netherlands
flag msg tools
I would like to play a weekend game, but 5PM is about the latest for me on a Sunday. Maybe on Saturday I could go a bit later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mr fan
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in the same place as my fellow Europeans - 8pm is 2am for me, so not a runner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hill
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Nickname courtesy of Baby Cat! <3
badge
"Work like a Captain. Play like a Pirate!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll defer to the Europeans and play when they can play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, I love this roster, I wish weekends weren't the busiest time of the week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Ok, it sounds like 12PM and 4PM might work better for more people. I'll go ahead and change it to that and if that's bad for anyone then please speak up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liz Whitmore
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
12 pm is my 5am, so pushing it back a couple of hours (or even just an hour) would suit me better, if possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Żarski-Riley
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
I have no idea
mbmbmbmbmb
All us foreigners, staying over here, with our funny time systems, making life difficult.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Hmm.. it sounds like there are conflicts on both sides. In my mind, 3.5 hours is about the minimum amount of time for a good daylight cycle with people actually being able to interact, but maybe we can do with only 3 hours. How does lynch at 1:00 and 4:30 sound?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
In order to accommodate an even quicker schedule I've also taken away the rule about not talking during the last 5 minutes of the night cycle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Poll
Which weekends will work for you? Keep in mind that n0 happens on the previous Friday, and requires a check-in at some point during the day but does not require you to be present at any particular time.
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
Nov 19&20
44.4% 4
Nov 26&27
77.8% 7
Dec 03&04
66.7% 6
Dec 10&11
88.9% 8
Dec 17&18
66.7% 6
Voters 9
This poll is now closed.   9 answers
Poll created by ThatAblaze
Closes: Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:00 am

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassy Whisperer
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [25] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.