47.3% of Goal | left

Support:

Stuart Burnham
United Kingdom
Abingdon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a quick check on this after our first game:

A) Card 57 - Tony Merz - has been included in the game (due to event card 17) is drawn by a player and used. He is then 'discarded'. Does he go to the discard pile, enabling him to be shuffled in, drawn and used again during chapter 1?

B) Following on from A.
The back side of card 30, read at the end of chapter 1 tells you to shuffle cards 50,51 and 58 into the deck. As card 57 - Tony Merz - is in our game should he be in the deck for the start of chapter 2 (and future chapters) or does he need to be removed now prior to starting the next chapter.

Thanks.

(Awesome expansion by the way Alex, you've even outdone the very clever Port Royal one - thanks for taking these little card games into places I never would've imagined they could go!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Pfister
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Stuart!
a) No card is removed from the game. So after use, put Tony on the discard pile and if the draw pile runs out, shuffle the discard pile and another player will have the chance to get him (except if he is flipped into the market. Then he goes to the discard pile again).

b) Play it this way: Always use all new introduced cards of the current chapter for all future games/chapters. In chapter 3+4 the note which cards should be shuffled into the deck is missing, but I hope it is clear that the new cards remain in the game. However, it does not matter if you don't use the new cards for the next chapter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Burnham
United Kingdom
Abingdon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent, thank you for the quick clarification.
Onto chapter 2 we go then!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten
Germany
Schkeuditz
Sachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for answering the question, I had they same on my mind.

Another question regarding card 57: I just played chapter 1 for the first time solo and lost. Do I remove the card for my next try or leave it in?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Pfister
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct is: leave him out, so you have the same start again.

However I would not mind keeping him in. You probably won't draw him and if you do, it makes the second try a little bit easier, which is ok for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.