Descent: Journeys in the Dark» Forums » General

Subject: Anyone interested in PBF? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lanabound
Canada
flag msg tools
Hey guys,

Is there anyone interested in doing Descent by PBF?
I read duhtch's intro posts and have the tileset!

I'd like to play vanilla, with just the core set. It'd be cool to work our way through the quests in the book, alternating heroes and OL every quest.

Or, we can do an Advanced Campaign with all expamsions. I just finished an awesome one in real life, all the way to final battle. If we do the AC, I'd kinda like to be the OL!

I'd consider myself really familiar with the rules. But I'm not a rules lawyer, so I like settling questions with a "common sense" and quick approach that's fair for everyone and just keep playing.

Let me know if anyone's in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Faulkner
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lanabound wrote:
Hey guys,

Is there anyone interested in doing Descent by PBF?
I read duhtch's intro posts and have the tileset!

I'd like to play vanilla, with just the core set. It'd be cool to work our way through the quests in the book, alternating heroes and OL every quest.

Or, we can do an Advanced Campaign with all expamsions. I just finished an awesome one in real life, all the way to final battle. If we do the AC, I'd kinda like to be the OL!

I'd consider myself really familiar with the rules. But I'm not a rules lawyer, so I like settling questions with a "common sense" and quick approach that's fair for everyone and just keep playing.

Let me know if anyone's in!

Sounds interesting. I've never played any PBF. I think I would be in for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lanabound
Canada
flag msg tools
Thank you, Nathan. What would you like to play - regular quests or the Advanded Campaign? What's your experience level with Descent 1st Ed? Have you played an Advanced Campaign before?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Faulkner
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played descent a few times and know the rules pretty good. I'm no expert, but I think I fully understand it. I have all the expansions and have read everything, however my group of gamers do not like Descent so it is rarely played. I have never played campaign, so I think I would rather play basic game for now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lanabound
Canada
flag msg tools
Cool. Well, let's start working through the quests in the core set, then. We can alternate being heroes and OL. I'll send you a PM. If more folks want to join in, we can add heroes in later quests. That's the nice part about basic quests: you can have fewer than four heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Butler
Canada
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be interested in this as well! I have lots of D1 experience as both OL and Hero but have never done a PBF. As long as you don't mind multiple PBF newbies of course!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
duhtch
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This is great! I think the more the better when beginning. Keep in mind that the game will take a long time because of the multiple players and time zones, but it is worth it to play this awesome game.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1315236/pbf-how-start-here

I'd highly suggest reading this thread. I can help with being your moderator.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Butler
Canada
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
duhtch wrote:
This is great! I think the more the better when beginning. Keep in mind that the game will take a long time because of the multiple players and time zones, but it is worth it to play this awesome game.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1315236/pbf-how-start-here

I'd highly suggest reading this thread. I can help with being your moderator.

I've read your thread twice already this morning in preparation! Great info, thanks a bunch!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lanabound
Canada
flag msg tools
Thank you for the responses, guys. Glad to have you on board, duhtch, in case I need help, and nice to see you, Luke. I was going to send Nathan a PM, but since we have more people, I'll just write down my preferences here.

Later today, I'll post in this thread some formatting styles I'd like to use for this PBF. We'll play Quest 1, "Into the Dark," using just the core set, with Nathan, Luke, and duhtch as heroes and me as OL. (we can fit a fourth hero if someone joins). Be back soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Butler
Canada
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lanabound wrote:
Thank you for the responses, guys. Glad to have you on board, duhtch, in case I need help, and nice to see you, Luke. I was going to send Nathan a PM, but since we have more people, I'll just write down my preferences here.

Later today, I'll post in this thread some formatting styles I'd like to use for this PBF. We'll play Quest 1, "Into the Dark," using just the core set, with Nathan, Luke, and duhtch as heroes and me as OL. (we can fit a fourth hero if someone joins). Be back soon!

Looking forward to it! I'm not sure if duhtch was looking to play. I think he meant he would just help moderate the game. Although I'm not against having a veteran PBF hero on our side!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
duhtch
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I apologize if I was misleading. I'm willing to help moderate, ie starting feats, OL cards, treasures etc. I can also help with rules questions and disputes.

Please make the thread in the PBF forum, not this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lanabound
Canada
flag msg tools
Thank you, duhtch, for the clarifications.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Dallaire
Canada
Jonquière
Québec
flag msg tools
mb
If there is still room for 1 player to join i'm interested.

I already play Imperial Assault in PBF form (https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1601278/cloud-city-crackdow...) but never tried Descent so it will be all new to me.

Just let me know if you want me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
duhtch
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
PopolDal wrote:
If there is still room for 1 player to join i'm interested.

I already play Imperial Assault in PBF form (https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1601278/cloud-city-crackdow...) but never tried Descent so it will be all new to me.

Just let me know if you want me!

Whoa, whoa whoa...whoa! I think 3 Canadians is overdoing it a bit ;p Just kidding. I think it is up to Lanabound as he/she is starting it. Just keep in mind that the more the players, the longer it will take. I would say include everybody, since it will help spur more future games.

Descent 1st edition is dying and new blood is needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Dallaire
Canada
Jonquière
Québec
flag msg tools
mb
Just to let you know i have played many game of Imperial Assault in physical form and 1 campaign in PBF form.

But i've never played Descent in physical form (buy it only last wednesday).

I've read all the instructions (very similar to Imperail Assault) and intent to try it this weekend (solo via the Road to Legend app).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lanabound
Canada
flag msg tools
Awesome, Eric. I'm from Canada too! Haha... The all Canadian team.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Dallaire
Canada
Jonquière
Québec
flag msg tools
mb
Go Canada! :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Dallaire
Canada
Jonquière
Québec
flag msg tools
mb
Btw idk if you want to alternate between hero/overlord each quest like you said earlier but if so will it be possible to pass being the overlord?

Being my first time in Descent i'm not sure i will be a good one...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Butler
Canada
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Make Canada great again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Faulkner
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool. This will be fun. I'm just going through duhtch's info on PBF so I can be up to speed.

PopolDal wrote:
Just to let you know i have played many game of Imperial Assault in physical form and 1 campaign in PBF form.

But i've never played Descent in physical form (buy it only last wednesday).

I've read all the instructions (very similar to Imperail Assault) and intent to try it this weekend (solo via the Road to Legend app).

Eric, there are a few differences between 1st and 2nd edition Descent. However they are similar enough that you should have no problems. A quick summary of the differences can be found here.

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/138802/descent-1st-ed-and...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lanabound
Canada
flag msg tools
Good link, Nathan. File courtesy of yours truly!

I'll post a thread in the PBF forums shortly and we can get started.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.