Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Richter
United States
Ruskin
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me introduce you to the fast paced game of TAMPS. TAMPS is a game designed by Jesse van den Berg, Salko Joost Kattenberg, & Rens Kattenberg.

TAMPS is designed to be played in a larger social setting as it can play four to nine players, ages eight years to adult, & it can take five or so minutes to play. Teams depend on how many players are involved in the game. I have added an example below:

tamps-1

The concept of TAMPS is to test players dexterity, mental acuity, awareness. In tempo players will be continuously be playing & collecting cards from the table. This will ultimately be accomplished by players preparing a sign that they will recognize.

tamps-3

Players will be looking to collect a "Tamps". This is a set of five cards of the same figure but of five different colors. Once a player is able to collect a set of Tamps then that player will signal his teammate to call out "Tamps". A player has to make sure that their hand consists of exactly five cards before they signal. Once a player calls Tamps the game stops & points are scored. If they happen to miss call then the other team score.

tamps-2

At the beginning of the game a dealer will be decided. The dealer will then shuffle the deck of eighty cards. Once shuffled, the dealer will deal out five cards to each player & one or more cards face-down to each player. Then the dealer will show the bottom card of the deck, this card will more than likely never be in play. As players check their hands they will flip, face-up, the cards on the table. These will be the first cards to be swapped around.

Once players have their cards the swapping will begin. Swapping is simultaneous between players. But there are a few rules to swapping cards. Players may have no less than four & no more than six cards in hand. Each card must be played face-up so every player can see. Players must not directly swap cards with each other, cards must be placed on the table. Also cards don't need to be swapped in any particular order, so if a player has more than one card sitting in front of them, any one of them can be swapped out.

If, at some point during play, players decide they no long want to swap cards on the table, then the dealer must replace the cards in play. The player to the left of the dealer will then collect the cards on the table & place them in a discard pile. The dealer will replace the same amount of cards collected with cards from the deck. The dealer will place them face-up on the table. Once done the dealer ill say "go" & play will continue.

Swapping & replacing cards on the table will continue until a team calls Tamps. Players will check to see if this is correct. If correct the winning team gets a point. If wrong then the opposing team gets the point.

The game will u ultimately end when a team collects a predetermined amount of points. This will be decided at the beginning of the game. Most of the time the best of five or best of seven is best.

So TAMPS will be coming to Kickstarter soon.

I love & hate social card games. I love how they play & love how chaotic they can get. The one thing I hate about social card games like this is how fast they end. I love the colors & the geometrical shapes on the cards. TAMPS is a good game that takes some speed & memorization.

TAMPS would be a good game for taking to a church youth group event, or to a pub with friends since it doesn't need a lot of room in which to play. I recommend taking a good look at TAMPS. TAMPS is fun, fast, easy to learn & to play.

Get ready to memorize, match, & game on!

-Christopher Richter

Twitter: @Boardgaming_FTW

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.