Warrior Knights» Forums » Rules

Subject: A few questions after first learning play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I AM Not A Number
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I started a solo game with 2 players in order to be able to explain WK to my group next week-end. Some points are still not clear to me :

Q1: Can a player besieging an empty city spare 1 faith or twice the city's income in crowns to avoid the city from being razed by revolt?

Q2: Are empty strongholds concerned by revolt?

Q3: Does stronghold give an income bonus at the special Taxation Phase?

Q4: Can a stronghold by fortified?

Q5: How many 4.1 x 6.2 card sleeves should I buy? Which one do you suggest?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay K
United Kingdom
West Malling
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
Nothing to see here. Please move on
badge
It's about time!
mbmbmbmbmb
iamnan wrote:
I started a solo game with 2 players in order to be able to explain WK to my group next week-end. Some points are still not clear to me :

Q1: Can a player besieging an empty city spare 1 faith or twice the city's income in crowns to avoid the city from being razed by revolt?

It is the player that controls the city that may pay. If you are sieging the city then the city remains sieged until you resolve the siege in a subsequent game round.

iamnan wrote:

No, only cities: i.e. kingdom cities and overseas cities are subject to revolt

iamnan wrote:

Q3: Does stronghold give an income bonus at the special Taxation Phase?

No the stronghold is not a city. It also doesn't give influence at the end of the round. Nor does it provide a vote at the start of the assembly.

iamnan wrote:

Q4: Can a stronghold by fortified?

No. It is not a city

iamnan wrote:

Fantasy Flight Yellow sleeves I think are the right ones and you will need a few packets. There are 50 sleeves per packet if that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I AM Not A Number
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JK777 wrote:
iamnan wrote:

It is the player that controls the city that may pay. If you are sieging the city then the city remains sieged until you resolve the siege in a subsequent game round.

Even if nobody controls the city ?

JK777 wrote:
iamnan wrote:

No, only cities: i.e. kingdom cities and overseas cities are subject to revolt

Does it mean that when you place your stronghold at the begining of the game, you remove the city marker ?

JK777 wrote:
iamnan wrote:

Fantasy Flight Yellow sleeves I think are the right ones and you will need a few packets. There are 50 sleeves per packet if that helps.

Ok thanks. I found and bought three Mayday Games Mini Usa Sleeves - 41x63mm - 100p. I hope that will do.
I counted 295 cards. Is that right ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay K
United Kingdom
West Malling
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
Nothing to see here. Please move on
badge
It's about time!
mbmbmbmbmb
If nobody controls the city then it is neutral and neutral cities do not revolt.

Strongholds cannot be placed where there is a neutral city at the start of the game. Only in empty spaces or where cities have been razed. A space either has a Stronghold or a city or it is empty. It can never hold both a city and a stronghold.

Sorry not sure on card numbers, it obviously depends on whether you have the expansion (which I do have and that adds cards to existing decks).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.