Subject: 2.0 rule book available? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just placed an order for Krosmaster 2.0 at MM. Having not played before, I was hoping to read the rulebook before it arrived. I know it's similar to 1.0, but don't want to start reading that one, then have to learn all the changes.

Is the 2.0 rule book available anywhere online now?

Thanks,

Colin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can pretty much read the rule from 1.0. Not many big changes. I cut and pasted the changes from this link: http://forum.krosmaster.com/en/1156-rules-questions/82415-kr...

LOCK / DODGE :

As expected, it is now progressive like crit/armor.

- More locks than dodges ("locked") : lose 3 MPs and 3 APs, then you can move where you intended if you still have MPs left
- As many locks as dodges ("grappled") : lose 1 MP and 1 AP, then you can move where you intended if you still have MPs left
- More dodges than locks ("dodged") : same as current version, you move with no losses

Note : mobs can only grapple, even if they roll more locks than doges.

TENSION :

When rolling for tension at the begining of your turn, you can decide to ignore the result of the two dices and roll one single die instead. This die can then be used as usual, either to buff one character or sold for 1 kama. This basically prevents you from being robbed of your last GG on your own turn (can still happen on enemy's turn though)

TECHNIQUES :

Techniques are a new type of equipment that modify the basic punch spell.

- Each technique, once revealed, applies a new effect to that Krosmaster's "Punch" spell, like 1-4 range in straight line, or "breath" area of effect for example.

- Unlike other equipments, you can reveal several techniques on a single Krosmaster and their effects stack.

- Each revealed technique reduces the cost of the "Punch" spell by 1 AP, up to 0 AP cost if you have 5+ revealed techniques (Punch is still a blue spell)

- Techniques only take DR slots when they're face down. Once revealed, they stay on the krosmaster but don't take a DR slot anymore (so you can have a lvl 1 krosmaster with several face up techniques, but only one face down DR of any type at the same time).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, thanks. Pretty close, it seems. I'd be curious to see if the layout changes. I bought Burgle Bros used a while back, and I compared that rulebook to the new one. Though no rules were changed, the layout was altered significantly, and all for the good. (Note, I don't have 1.0, so I'm not saying the rulebook was bad to start with. More just curious).

Thanks,

Colin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just recently got into the game and the rulebook seemed ok to me. I've actually been playing it online to get a hang of it. Some things weren't too clear but I was able to look them up in the rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Siel Oren
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i found the rulebook from the 1st version very confusing and would also like to read the new one..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.