2 Posts

Star Wars: Imperial Assault» Forums » Rules

Subject: Skirmish QUESTION regarding discarding tokens rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Peacock
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This question arises from playing the Man In Carbonite Skirmish Mission. I believe it's from the Bespin Gambit Expansion. Anyway, each player gets two mission tokens when they defeat an opponent figure, they can decide to turn it into a token {the figure is unconscious) then the that token can be picked up and dumped into the carbonite pit for the value of the individual figure. After a dude is dumped that token is discarded.
Do we get those tokens back because my Son, threw two of my unconscious guys into the pit but the value of those guys wasn't worth the value of my last remaining squad. So throwing guys in did nothing for him. He still had to kill all my guys to get his 40 victory points. If he is able to get them back then it could pan out by continuously dumping guys in the pit otherwise it was pointless to grab low cost guys to throw in.
Anyone?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, the tokens do not come back. You claim the two tokens at the start of the mission, meaning they go in your play area, and they are discarded when dumped into the Carbon-freezing Chamber. Discarded tokens do not go back to a play area, they are removed from play.

Note that this gives essentially double VP for the figures you throw into the Carbon-freezing Chamber. You get the first batch when defeated (either immediately for single-figure groups or when the whole group is defeated for multi-figure groups) and you get the VP for the figure again when freezing it.

Thus, you should probably choose only the highest value figures to freeze, or possibly two figures that add up to a single threat that you don't want to need to kill. The double VP from your chosen victory should guarantee you don't need to kill the rest of the opposing force.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.