Subject: Question on passage #44 (Adventure Book) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jaime de Marcos
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I am using the Spanish version of the game, and the explanation in section #44 of the Adventure Book is not clear. I'm afraid it may be an issue with the translation of the book, because I have not found any reference to this section in the FAQ or elsewhere. I have also looked for the English version of the book, but again, it is not public available for me to check, or I could not find it online.

Could someone with access to the English text please give a brief explanation on the effects of this passage? I am specifically referring to the Help action and effects at the end of the round. Thank you very much!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
jdemarcos wrote:
I am using the Spanish version of the game, and the explanation in section #44 of the Adventure Book is not clear. I'm afraid it may be an issue with the translation of the book, because I have not found any reference to this section in the FAQ or elsewhere. I have also looked for the English version of the book, but again, it is not public available for me to check, or I could not find it online.

Could someone with access to the English text please give a brief explanation on the effects of this passage? I am specifically referring to the Help action and effects at the end of the round. Thank you very much!!

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Put an unused hero card next to the runemarked player's chamber. Heroes in the chamber can make the following action:

Give Aid (2+): Put a stun marker on the unused hero card.

At the end of the phase, roll a dice. If the result is higher than the number of tokens on the hero card, the stranger is beyond help. Otherwise, they join the party as a companion. Set them up anywhere in the chamber.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaime de Marcos
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you! Please confirm if I understand the effect correctly:

All players who want to do the Help action roll a die. For every result of 2 or more, put a stun marker on the character. At the end of the current phase, any player rolls a die, if the result is higher than the number of stuns over the character card, the character is returned to the box. If it is equal or lower than the number of stuns (e.g. usually 4 or less), then the character joins the group as a companion until the next respite phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
jdemarcos wrote:
Thank you! Please confirm if I understand the effect correctly:

All players who want to do the Help action roll a die. For every result of 2 or more, put a stun marker on the character. At the end of the current phase, any player rolls a die, if the result is higher than the number of stuns over the character card, the character is returned to the box. If it is equal or lower than the number of stuns (e.g. usually 4 or less), then the character joins the group as a companion until the next respite phase.

Not quite.

Any character in that chamber effectively gets a new "ability" on their own card which is Give Aid: 2+

So, on your activation, you roll your hero's activation dice as normal and put them on your character sheet. Then, when you are deciding what do to with your dice, you have the extra Give Aid option too.

For example, I roll 1, 2, 5, 6. I decide to do my basic 1+ attack action with the 1, and then I use the three remaining dice to put three stun tokens on the unused hero card. Every other player also gets to do the same thing, but let's assume I'm the only one who bothered, so there are three stun tokens in total.

At the end of the hero phase, someone rolls a dice (it doesn't matter who, really). If the result is a 4, 5, or 6, the unconscious hero is removed from the game and that's that. If the result is a 1, 2, or 3, the unconscious hero becomes a companion, following all the rules for companions in the rules book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaime de Marcos
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you very much, Kevin! Now it's perfectly clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.