Subject: Vote example in rulebook rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex
Greece
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the vote action F6 it says that you cannot use this Op on a vassal empire.
In the example below though, it uses the vote action to convert a vasal empire (papal States) into a republic.
So what is right and what is wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
tavlas wrote:
In the example below though, it uses the vote action to convert a vasal empire (papal States) into a republic.

The example in F6 is in error. The living rules replaces it with the following example:

Example: You have the French King (Louis XI the spider) with a vassal (The Papal States) containing three serfs. You have two concessions on the Italian borders, while your opponent has one. You have the Sindicat Remenca card, allowing a western vote. As part of a western tableau action, you use this card to vote, paying 3 florins to flip the Pope to its republic side and move it to your leftmost tableau position. The Papal States retain the three serfs. You gain a Papal concession. All three Papal borders are occupied, so if you wish to add a concession you must Repress your opponent’s concession to place your cube. This costs a florin and adds a serf to the Papal States.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Greece
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
phileklund wrote:
tavlas wrote:

The example in F6 is in error. The living rules replaces it with the following example:

Example: You have the French King (Louis XI the spider) with a vassal (The Papal States) containing three serfs. You have two concessions on the Italian borders, while your opponent has one. You have the Sindicat Remenca card, allowing a western vote. As part of a western tableau action, you use this card to vote, paying 3 florins to flip the Pope to its republic side and move it to your leftmost tableau position. The Papal States retain the three serfs. You gain a Papal concession. All three Papal borders are occupied, so if you wish to add a concession you must Repress your opponent’s concession to place your cube. This costs a florin and adds a serf to the Papal States.

This exaple is also in the actual rulebook, but again the papal States are a vasal empire

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich James
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, in the living rules the restriction on voting in vassal states was removed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Rich is right, I copy-pasted the wrong part. Sorry about that.
In the Living Rules, the rules for voting are:

F6. Vote (Political Op).

Use this Op to cause a Regime Change in an Empire (which awards you a Concession). The Empire can be in any Tableau, but must be in an east or west Tableau as specified on the icon. It cannot be in the empire stack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ste M
msg tools
How to track this main changes like this one? I totally missed it an I also was confused
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Igor
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
"Он был в Смоленске щит, в Париже меч России"
mbmbmbmbmb
as usual ;-) living rules ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafal Kruczek
Poland
Legnica
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stefano1234 wrote:
How to track this main changes like this one? I totally missed it an I also was confused

I used Sharpie to cross out "(not Vasal)" from manual.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.