Subject: Question regarding Colonize cards. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Erbacher
Australia
Maryborough
QUeensland
flag msg tools
We had a situation in a game where someone didn't have enough colonize cards to settle their first planet (5) the colonize cards had run out.

Once the cards are on a planet can they be discarded to get them back to work on settling a smaller planet? Especially if planet can't get settled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Regs
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only way I know of to get placed colony cards back is to claim (flip) the planet somehow.

Even with no actual colony role cards left in the game, I can see at least two ways to do this.

(1) Buy a tech card or 2 with a colony symbol on it. Lead or follow a colony role to tuck these cards beneath the planet until you have sufficient symbols.

Lead a Colony role to flip it (you can lead a role even if there are no cards left on offer). You can also use the action of a tech card (advanced colony) to flip it.

(2) If the player has sufficient warfare cards in their deck, they can attack the planet, and when they claim it the colony cards go to their discard pile at the end of the turn. A player persuing a heavy warfare strategy may not WANT those colony cards clogging up their deck however.

Lastly as there is already one stack depleted, the affected player may not be able to execute either strategy before the end of the game. Which leads me to ask "What were they doing all game to be in such a situation?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Erbacher
Australia
Maryborough
QUeensland
flag msg tools
Artificial Intelligence and politics cards can deplete a stack quite quickly.I think he surveyed and got a second five, realized the Survey card were going to run out and just didn't get to finish. Then had to transfer to warfare to get cards back.

It just shut him down. So I thought I'd check if you can get cards back once placed.It seemed a simple solution. First time it has ever happened in a game though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.