Pax Renaissance Expansion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Crusade in England and Dalmatian Marine rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicolò
Italy
flag msg tools
I have some doubts about a couple of cards:

(1) The Man for all Seasons may cause a crusade in England, which would turn it in a catholic theocracy, but England theocratic side is reformist. According to K2, a successful crusade flips a map card if its other side is catholic. Should I turn England to its medieval side (which is all catholic) and consider it a catholic theocracy for what concerns an holy victory?

(2) The Dalmatian Merchant Marine says that your concessions cannot be killed by pirates. Does this mean that pirates cannot move to the border with your concessions or that they can coexist on such borders?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
(1) The Catholic martyr Sir Thomas More (The Man For All Seasons) is found in the expansion deck (card x32), and can cause a crusade to England. The intent of the one-shot icon for this card was that if England was Reformist, it would flip to its Medieval side. This is a special rule for this card.

(2) The Dalmatian Merchant Marine is found in the expansion (card x17). The intent of this card is to allow pirates and your concessions to coexist, as an exception to the rule that only one unit can exist in each border. This is to reflect the immunity that Ragusa enjoyed as a vassal of the Ottomans.

Thank you for pointing out these necessary clarifications.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolò
Italy
flag msg tools
Thanks for the clarification and the historical explanation. So, if I have the Dalmatian Merchant Marine in play, both a concession and a pirate on a border and a voyage crosses that border, does the concession only take one florin or both the concession and the pirate take one florin each (in this latter case, in what order?)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Soveliss90 wrote:
Thanks for the clarification and the historical explanation. So, if I have the Dalmatian Merchant Marine in play, both a concession and a pirate on a border and a voyage crosses that border, does the concession only take one florin or both the concession and the pirate take one florin each (in this latter case, in what order?)?

The concession, then the pirate take a florin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.