Subject: Spotting a concealed unit. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
charles mayell
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Does the unit that is doing the spotting have to move (or make a null move) in order to spot a concealed unit? In other words, spotting a concealed unit is an action or, to be precise, part of a move action. That being the case, you cannot spot a concealed unit and fire at it, because you will already have moved. So, for example, the MG nest in scenario 2 can't spot a concealed unit, during its opportunity fire, because the MG nest cannot move.

I have worried about this a lot. I would be grateful if someone would put me out of my misery.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Bartels
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure if I can put you out of your misery, but I believe that as soon as a concealed unit is within the appropriate range of an enemy unit, the concealed unit is automatically exposed. That is, the enemy unit does not need to do anything to cause the concealed unit to be exposed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renaud Verlaque
United States
Shelter Island Heights
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Right, however if the concealed unit is inside a terrain element other than a building, then the spotting only occurs within 2 hexes; and if the concealed unit is inside a building, then the spotting unit must be adjacent to an opening.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Maxwell
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The spotting unit doesn't have to move. The concealed unit is spotted as soon as it is in line of sight/within 2 spaces. This could be because the spotting unit moves OR because the concealed unit moves OR some other action reveals the unit (e.g. a building is destroyed and gives LOS).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xavier Nostradunwhich
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AndyMax wrote:
The spotting unit doesn't have to move. The concealed unit is spotted as soon as it is in line of site/within 2 spaces. This could be because the spotting unit moves OR because the concealed unit moves OR some other action reveals the unit (e.g. a building is destroyed and gives LOS).

This

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.