Subject: Is Summoning Monsters optional? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Claus Appel
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mb
At the end of a Round, the Sin player can Summon a number of Monsters. Is this mandatory? Do I have to Summon as many Monsters as I can place, or may I Summon fewer?

Concrete example: In one of the missions in the scenario Haven's Last Stand, the Heroes have to kill a number of Abominations. I have all my surviving Abominations placed strategically. If I am forced to spawn lone Abominations, they will be easy pickings for the Heroes and make it easier for the Heroes to complete their objective.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Nojima
msg tools
mbmb
SpectrumDT wrote:
At the end of a Round, the Sin player can Summon a number of Monsters. Is this mandatory? Do I have to Summon as many Monsters as I can place, or may I Summon fewer?

Concrete example: In one of the missions in the scenario Haven's Last Stand, the Heroes have to kill a number of Abominations. I have all my surviving Abominations placed strategically. If I am forced to spawn lone Abominations, they will be easy pickings for the Heroes and make it easier for the Heroes to complete their objective.

I read somewhere that when that mission kicks in, it is kill # or however many are available. By summoning less, you make it easier, effectively making Sin WANT to summon as many abominations as possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claus Appel
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mb
Pauljima wrote:
SpectrumDT wrote:

I read somewhere that when that mission kicks in, it is kill # or however many are available. By summoning less, you make it easier, effectively making Sin WANT to summon as many abominations as possible.

Yeah, OK, thanks, but that does not answer the question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
No, I don't believe it's optional. There's too many goals that require killing monsters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
msg tools
mbmbmb
SpectrumDT wrote:

Summoning dead Monsters is mandatory.

Rulebook, Page 18:

"The Sins Player takes a number of dead Monsters equal to the Number of Heroes in play and places them back on the board. If there are more dead Monsters than the Hero Number, the Sins Player has to choose which ones he wants to Summon."

Note the lack of the words "may" or "can". It is written that the player just does it. Your only options are which Nests to spawn on and which specific Monsters come into play when you have more dead Monsters than players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claus Appel
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mb
Good points. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.