$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 128.15

7,583 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
47.8% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

Conan» Forums » Rules

Subject: Refresh first turn rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andreas Hohmann
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
Super Mario Kart Fan
badge
www.BoardgameMonkeys.com
mbmbmbmbmb
In the scenarios the heroes often start with some gems in their fatigue box. Do they refresh some in the very first turn leaving them mostly with nearly every gem available or is this step not played on the first turn?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank BLACKFIRE
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

This step is played. First thing to do on heroes turn, declare if they are active or not.

6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maciej Kupisz
Poland
Katowice
flag msg tools
Following this, when Hadrathus starts with his halo cast,in first scenario, will he lose it the first turn when the player declares Active stance ?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco
Italy
Venice
flag msg tools
mb
Cieq wrote:
Following this, when Hadrathus starts with his halo cast,in first scenario, will he lose it the first turn when the player declares Active stance ?


Yes, if he chooses to be active he loses Mitra's Halo.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank BLACKFIRE
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

No, he looses the spell only when he is active (aggressive) after a turn where he was inactive (cautious).
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco
Italy
Venice
flag msg tools
mb
Pallantides wrote:

No, he looses the spell only when he is active (aggressive) after a turn where he was inactive (cautious).


Yes of course, sorry, my bad, i took for granted that we were not considering the first turn.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maciej Kupisz
Poland
Katowice
flag msg tools
Thank You
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trastion
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pallantides wrote:

No, he looses the spell only when he is active (aggressive) after a turn where he was inactive (cautious).


So by this you mean that if on the first turn he selects active and stays that way for 10 turns he keeps the halo the whole time? I know that isn't going to be real feasible due to gems and all but it still sounds broken.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Brazelton
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Trastion wrote:
Pallantides wrote:

No, he looses the spell only when he is active (aggressive) after a turn where he was inactive (cautious).


So by this you mean that if on the first turn he selects active and stays that way for 10 turns he keeps the halo the whole time? I know that isn't going to be real feasible due to gems and all but it still sounds broken.


That's how I understand it. But remember, if he stays active that entire time, he's going to run out of gems pretty quick. So I don't think it's that broken.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clanggedin Silverbeard
United States
SALEM
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
aubaine wrote:
Trastion wrote:
Pallantides wrote:

No, he looses the spell only when he is active (aggressive) after a turn where he was inactive (cautious).


So by this you mean that if on the first turn he selects active and stays that way for 10 turns he keeps the halo the whole time? I know that isn't going to be real feasible due to gems and all but it still sounds broken.


That's how I understand it. But remember, if he stays active that entire time, he's going to run out of gems pretty quick. So I don't think it's that broken.


I don't have the game yet, but in order to keep Mitra's halo active he needs to continue to dump 3 gems in it each turn? Or he casts it once and it is on until he becomes active again after an passive mode?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Anonymous
Germany
flag msg tools
It stays on but it goes away if the caster switches from passive to active. So you can cast it, be active for serveral turns, then get passive and you are still protected. But the first active turn after the passive turn you have to cast it again.

It is the only real protection for a mage because you are constantly low on gems and guarding with yellow dice is bad.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Brazelton
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yes, Pallantides confirmed in thread Mitra's Halo that you only pay the cost once. You don't have to keep paying it each round.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Brahm
Germany
Wuppertal
flag msg tools
But well... I don't have the card in front of me. We played it yesterday. We played the first scenario twice with a different overlord each time.
Doesn't the card say something about "... or when your group activates"?

We played it that way that you can choose to cast it when things get bad (on second play the overlord activated the Hyenas and put all 5 of them in his spot) out of turn (because of the lightning symbol) which saved his lived. But as soon as he were activated in a new round he lost the benefit of the spell unless he is not switching to cautious stance.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
toomuchcoffeeman wrote:
But well... I don't have the card in front of me. We played it yesterday. We played the first scenario twice with a different overlord each time.
Doesn't the card say something about "... or when your group activates"?


Pallantides clarified (in the thread linked to above) that the "group" reference refers to when one of the OL's sorcerers plays this spell.

(FWIW, i also interpreted group activation as "the heroes' turn", but that's not the intention.)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.