Hide
7 Posts

Smash Up: Cease and Desist» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can Mind Lady cancel Bethrothed's abilty? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
General Ivan
msg tools
So can someone point out where in the rulebook that explains what "your" minion and "other" player's minion is. Is "your" minion a minion you control or own? Same with "other" players minion. I had a game where Mind Lady was used to cancel Betrothed's ability when control of bethrothed has already been given to the player whom was using Mind Lady. Mind Lady's abilty says cancel the abilities of other player's minion so it caused some confusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jasser Masood
msg tools
Strictly speaking, thats not allowed since "your" and "other players" does refer to CONTROL not ownership.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chet C.
China
Shanghai
flag msg tools
mb
jasseraid wrote:
Strictly speaking, thats not allowed since "your" and "other players" does refer to CONTROL not ownership.

Agreed. But where in the rulebook?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim D
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 13 of the Cease and Desist Rulebook (don't know if it was in earlier versions).

“You” on a minion or action means
the controller of the card; on a base it
means any player it describes, often
the current player. “Other players”
means everyone except “you”. “Your”
cards are those you control, whether
or not you own them.

(Bolding Mine)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
General Ivan
msg tools
So if "your" minion is considered minions under your control, then would you be able to use the action card "disguise" from the ninja faction to bring said minions back to your hand? Because I remember I read sonewhere before where that wasn't allowed but it's hard to argue why that isn't allowed because "your" minion in that case means minions you own while "other" players minions in Mind Ladys ability refers to minions undwe other players control.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vespert Ilio
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It's allowed to use Disguise on minions you control but don't own, it's just that, instead of going to your hand, they go to their owner's hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim D
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
General Ivan wrote:
because "your" minion in that case means minions you own

No.
"Your" minions always means the minions you control.
There is only the added rule that when a minion/action goes from play to a deck, a discard pile or a hand, they always go to their owner's deck, discard pile or hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.