Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Sekela
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Received my kickstarter copy last week. On game 2. Really enjoying it! It is a great filler game. I think the idea of Story Mode is really appealing. I checked the website and the kickstarter page but couldn't find any info about Story Mode. Can someone please advise of the status?

Too bad we didn't hit the printed copy stretch goal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Garrett
United States
Victoria
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We're still working on the Story Mode book, but it won't be ready for a least a few months. We trying to get the Art Book pdf finished first (which includes character bios and whatnot).

I'm a little relieved we didn't make that last goal to be honest - it would have delayed the game by several more months!

We might offer a printed version somewhere down the line, we'll have to see how much a decent booklet will cost to produce. We'll make a Kickstarter update once there is significant progress on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Sekela
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the prompt response. Good to know you are working on it. Yeah good point about the delay that would have caused. Would be great if you offer a printed copy down the road.

Do you use the same characters for the entire story?

Again great game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Garrett
United States
Victoria
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the kind words!

The story mode will probably be more vague so that you can play as any character in any story mode game.

There might be specific moments such as (if Golias in the party then THIS happens), but for the most part you can play as any character for the various stories.

Some ideas we have so far is a story about a chef who was transporting jellies (a key source of sugar in Random Encounters) but they've broken out! So it's a simple sort of battle string with all the jelly enemies. Others will be more involved and have choices with different outcomes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Sekela
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds great! Thanks for the info.

I won my 2nd game but literally by the skin of my teeth. Two characters KO'd, the third at 8 hp. Was a blast. Will try to write at least a short review this week
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ronald peters
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I've been trying to leave a review since the day I got my copy but i keep getting rejected by admin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Sekela
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is odd. Any idea why?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Garrett
United States
Victoria
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Not really sure why that's happening. I would send a message to the mods. Odds are a key phrase or something is triggering a spam bot? That's just a guess!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.