Popular Tags: [View All]
Rich Casiglio
United States
Ansonia
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can the nanny be killed?

We played this scenario last night and I ended up as the nanny. The rest of the players just ganged up on me and killed me, then escaped the house. I didn't see anything that said I couldn't be killed so I just shrugged my shoulders and said, "I guess you kill me." That seems very lopsided to me, as why wouldn't that be the solution every time this haunt comes up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Johnson
msg tools
I just played this scenario with my play group (I was the traitor). The bigger issue we had was that the scenario ended before I even got a chance to take a turn because all the other players jumped out various windows (I was the only player in the basement when the haunt started).

When jumping out a window there doesn't seem to be anything in the rules to indicate where a player lands, which seems incredibly relevant as the players' victory condition is to rendezvous at the front door. In the absence of information we had to assume that they could choose to land at the front door which let them win instantly. It didn't even matter if they were turned into babies from the damage (only one was) because their victory condition would still be fulfilled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Casiglio
United States
Ansonia
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We didn't have that situation come up, but we did realize that could be a problem if you're jumping out from the upper or roof floors. If you're on the ground floor, you know where you pop out. If I could get an answer to that too, that would be cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Taylor
United States
under surveillance
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Quote:
Can the nanny be killed?

I would say yes.

Played just this evening and our question was:

"Does being on the ground floor while in the house allow the traitor to also call out heroes on the ground floor outside the house?"

In our case it didn't matter. I was able to get the babies back to their cribs,,,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theresa C.
United States
Midwestern Girl
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My very first time playing this game, this is the haunt we ended up with. The three heroes first used dumbwaiters to get to the ground floor before jumping out the windows. Then we moved around the house one tile at a time. Unfortunately, two were turned to babies while waiting at the front door and the last one (me), lost an attack one space before reaching them. So, we lost as the nanny then carried us all back to the nursery. Anyway, I'm hoping my husband and adult daughters will be willing to give the game another chance after this. I don't think my husband cared for this game much even though he won. I really wanted him to love it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.