Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » Rules

Subject: Survival question. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matteh Forre
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This has probably been asked before, once again it's about survival.

In this case I was up against The Hand, and one of his HL reactions was to inflict 2 dmg to an adjacent survivor. It didn't say target and attack exactly, more like: "Inflict 2 damage something"

My question is then; can I use survival to dodge that kind of damage? It's not strictly an attack.

If I can't dodge it, I'm pretty sure I can just dash out of the way so that I'm not adjacent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
If you are the attacker you may not use survival at all until your attack is fully resolved. If the hand's reaction targets a different survivor they may dodge or dash. Remember though that each survivor can only dodge once per round, so if someone dodged during the hand's turn they cannot dodge again until the hand's next turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matteh Forre
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeah the attacker wasn't the one targeted, and it didn't really sound like an attack. If it had been an intimidate I guess the wording on the card would have said so more specifically.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh Jorgan
msg tools
Non attacking survivors may dodge. They may only perform other survival actions if there is a flow arrow before the attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Onyx
msg tools
hwknight wrote:
Non attacking survivors may dodge. They may only perform other survival actions if there is a flow arrow before the attack.

You can only dodge against damage resulting from an attack profile. If a reaction doesn't attack and just says "Deal damage" then no, it can't be dodged.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh Jorgan
msg tools
mattonyx wrote:
hwknight wrote:

You can only dodge against damage resulting from an attack profile. If a reaction doesn't attack and just says "Deal damage" then no, it can't be dodged.

+1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
TR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, both are true.
An attacker cannot perform survival actions, AND you can dodge only if the action is "Attack Target", usually recognizable by an attack profile with Accuracy, Damage and Triggers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matteh Forre
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
That's what I wanted to know thanks guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.