8 Posts

Space Alert» Forums » General

Subject: Solo play with 5 androids? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
S R
Germany
flag msg tools
In order to improve my skills at Space Alert I decided to give the solo variant a try. Sometime it worked, sometimes not, but at least I learnt a lot about the different normal threats and how to deal with them.
After some games with 4 androids I wondered whether a fifth android might help me or hinder me.
The advantage is of course to use more actions and better deal with the game, while the disadvantages are one additional threat and a higher action density as I need to coordinate more androids in the same timeframe.

What to you think/advice? Should I use the last android or rather practice with only four?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quantum Jack
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did this when I misunderstood the solo rules. (i thought it meant me as 1 player plus 4 androids)

It workd just fine. You have to do the "unconfirmed" threat. It is one more set of actions to coordinate in the same time limit, so it can be a little hectic.

If you find yourself with extra time after the 4, (48 actions in 600 seconds) try 5 (60 actions in 600 seconds).

The coordination is one step more complicated, but for me, thats a good thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris van Someren
Netherlands
Groningen
Groningen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think having a 5th Android adds a lot of difficulty to the solo game (I have enough trouble keeping track of things already!) But if you're looking for an added challenge, then it works great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S R
Germany
flag msg tools
Tried it with 5 androids today and I have the feeling the game gets easier, as I have more options to deal with the threats. The one additional threat does not seem to increase difficulty by much.
But all in all it depends on the threats themselves. Some like Leviathan are always harder to keep in check then an asteroid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Experiment for the future: 5 androids, double actions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S R
Germany
flag msg tools
I need the expansion for this, don't I?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Drachenfreund wrote:
I need the expansion for this, don't I?
What's "this"? For double actions, yes, you need the expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S R
Germany
flag msg tools
Yes, I meant double actions. But for now I am quite confident with the base game, still have to figure out how to deal with the advanced serious threats within the time-frame.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.