Subject: Money - open or closed? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Come on, you knew that *someone* was going to ask this question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume it's the same as the original Power Grid: You must keep all your money visible in a stack, but you need not show the exact amount.

(We play with open money, but that's a variant.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff H
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We play with hidden money. We found that there is less AP when you cannot count everyone's cash to see what they can do with each action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn McCool
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We decided to play with closed money. I'm not saying that there's a lot of downtime with 6 players. But, people definitely can take some time trying to figure out how to bid based on resource prices, turn order, etc. I'd rather keep a little 'magic' in the game than provide a huge option graph for everyone traverse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Clyne
England
Hazlemere
Bucks
flag msg tools
Empire of the Midnight Beard
mbmbmbmbmb
We play Power Grid with open money, otherwise the game becomes a lot longer as people make sure they can remember most other people's money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tilou
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
smok wrote:
We play Power Grid with open money, otherwise the game becomes a lot longer as people make sure they can remember most other people's money.

That's funny, I have observed the exact opposite in all my games of Funkenschlag and have only played the card-version with hidden money without any dragging.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.