Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Silveira
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
How much will I lose by picking up the retail version and Expansion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bowen Jacobs
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also interested in the answer to this question. From what I've seen so far it looks like there was *a bonus ninja character that was a Kickstarter exclusive but I don't know if there are others.

Also, if any of that promotional content is available somewhere, whether via the manufacturer or somebody selling them in eBay, I'd be interested in learning about that as well.

*EDIT: Looking closer, I'm not sure if there was an exclusive ninja character or not. There WAS a Kickstarter exclusive figuring for the hostage used in some of the missions, but I don't believe that affects gameplay at all.

On a related note, it looks like they are developing a new ninja that can be added to the game. Not sure about their plans for releasing her yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bushido GCT Studios
England
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hey,

The KS included a ton of extra miniatures in different colours to denote the state of the models, tokens in the retail version now denote this. The Princess hostage was exclusive but also a token for the Princess comes in the retail as well.

New ninja has just been concepted and RotK rules will be developed too. We will be releasing rules for Bikou as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jaisyl wrote:

KS version gave exclusive Princess mini (vs token in retail version) and one alternate colour for every sculpt in the game (to denote alert/unalert status).

If you're playing with Standard 2.0 rules, alert/unalert doesn't matter.

If you're playing with Advanced rules, there are tokens in the game to denote alert/unalert status.

So other than the KS-exclusive princess (and extra minis which you realistically don't need), all other KS stuff is available (I think).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bowen Jacobs
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chinkster wrote:
Jaisyl wrote:

KS version gave exclusive Princess mini (vs token in retail version) and one alternate colour for every sculpt in the game (to denote alert/unalert status).

If you're playing with Standard 2.0 rules, alert/unalert doesn't matter.

If you're playing with Advanced rules, there are tokens in the game to denote alert/unalert status.

So other than the KS-exclusive princess (and extra minis which you realistically don't need), all other KS stuff is available (I think).

Thank you for the reply!

What about the 7th ninja add-on that was unlocked as a stretch goal? Is that included in the base game or the expansion? I couldn't find anywhere in my searching where it said for sure if it was.

EDIT: And somehow I missed that GCT studios also replied. Thanks! I'm still a little unclear as to how the 7th ninja and Bikou (or is Bikou the 7th ninja?) will be made available. Will it/they be a stand alone purchase, much like your typical sculpted miniature blister pack?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bushido GCT Studios
England
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hey,

The models' profiles (7th ninja [Kerasu] and 3rd Boss [Oka]) are included in the retail set.

This was to allow players to proxy the models if they couldn't afford the add on during the Kickstarter.

Their models are available through the Bushido range here (note these are metal and not the plastic in the retail box):

http://www.bushido-thegame.com/catalog/kerasu-0
http://www.bushido-thegame.com/catalog/lady-oka

Future ninja will be released as models with the profiles available to download.

Hope that helps ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bowen Jacobs
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That does help. Thank you! Can't wait for my copy to arrive!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bushido GCT Studios
England
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yay, we hope you love it! Don't forget to play with the new and improved rules here:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/131319/final-revised-r...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis Maddalena
United States
Nottingham
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Also, do note if you order the metals, the 30mm bases will not fit on the squares.

I do highly recommend the metal figures if you're a painter. Only in the last week did I pick some up to play Bushido with... but man, they're at the high end of metals. I mean, you can see the wave pattern on Kouhei's katana, Kind of a side point, but it really shows GCT views their ranges as a labor of love; they aren't the strongest playtesters, but they absolutely listen to feedback and correct deficiencies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.