Hide
2 Posts

All Hands on Deck!» Forums » Rules

Subject: Action card up for auction? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roman from Vienna
msg tools
The rules say that you deal a card to every captain and then deal a card to the middle of the table (after Grog and Rum is removed ;-)) but I wonder what happens to action cards dealt to the middle of the table.

I believe they are discarded as we are bidding on crew members and not on lets say a tavern brawl.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Fry
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Action cards that come up for auction in the middle of the table are actually bid for! Being that they have no suit, no one can take advantage of the doubling rule that goes along with bidding cards that match the suit color of the auction card but action cards still do have value and can be bid on by those who have a need or use for them.

Believe me, when a 'Pirate Monkey' or 'Hidden Plunder' comes up in the middle table, you will probably see HEAVY bidding that round because those can be used to fill that last missing card spot and announce that you have won with an 'ALL HANDS ON DECK!' Some cards, like the 'Mermaid' or 'Tavern Brawl' are fun to take if nobody else is bidding on them and then turn right around and use it on someone/everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.