Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Moffatt
Australia
Ipswich
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A lot of it came from Elder Sign: Omens. Why create new music when you can recycle stuff a lot cheaper?!? /sarcasm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lodge
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Oh I didn't know that. However, I suppose Elder Signs is 'in house' that Fantasy Flight have published & they own the rights to. I'm not sure they had any involvement with Resident Evil 4!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jérémy royaux
msg tools
mbmbmb
A lot of movies or games use "placeholder" music
then, when it's time to create the final soundtrack, they might "copy" the placeholder because it's working well and they got used to it
So it is possible that they copied RE music because it was fitting

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Mercer
United States
Montgomery
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Kevin MacLeod is the composer of the music used in both Elder Sign: Omens and Mansions of Madness 2nd Ed. Most (if not all) of his music is public domain, so it's possible that it was used in Resident Evil 4. I don't see him credited for it, so I'm wondering if what you are hearing is just some track with a similar motif, but not the same exact track.

If you had a track listing for the music you are thinking about, I'd like to know, because I'm always interested in expanding my playlist with similar sounding music for ambiance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Moldaschl
msg tools
You can find most of the Tracks on Premiumbeat.com under the Horror/Scary Music section devil
I have been using the Site as a resource for videotrailer-music for some time so I recognized this Piece right away: http://www.premiumbeat.com/royalty_free_music/songs/terror-w...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.