Hide
3 Posts

A Fake Artist Goes to New York» Forums » General

Subject: Automated Question Master? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryle Cuff
msg tools
I've found the question master is generally less fun than being an artist. A solution to this could be an app that randomly pulls a word and category and then distributes it among the players.

Something like this app (http://fakeartist.herokuapp.com/) with a few modifications would be perfect!
The updated app would randomly pull words from one of the suggested word/category lists that already exist on BGG (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18xJWUHR3WnZCp7a7yyvn...).

Is there already a web app or a way to have an automated question master?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Sparrrrow
msg tools
mb
It would certainly be useful and fun to play with whole group. You also need fewer people to play without master.

There is pretty neat app for Spyfall which is game very similar to aFAGtNY. It's called SpyFind (it's not official): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hfd.spyfal...
What's important, only one player need this app and you can still mantain secret distribution. It just send SMS to contacts of your choice. Of course one of them is Fake Artist (Spy in Spyfall/SpyFind). In this game there is little choice of words (places), but this idea would be great for assistant app for aFAGtNY. What's great you can use it even when people don't have smartphones, you can read text on every mobile. But if you want everyone can download the app. It is more important in Spyfall/SpyFind where you're allowed to check the list of locations.

App such as that would be great. I also prefer drawing to asking question and some people find it very difficult to come with a nice word. With curated words and themes it would be more interesting, they can't be too easy or too difficult.

Maybe you should contact autor of this app, he is here on bgg: cioraneanu

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Marino
United States
Auburn
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

I was thinking of a way of doing an automated question master.

I do not have the game, but have read the rules and will pick it up.

I think using other cards from another game like concept is the way to go.

On concept cards there are 3 easy, 3 medium and 3 hard words on each card.

When the question master writes an X on a board he will write a number on the other boards. This number will be the same on all of them and will correspond to which word on the concept card is chosen. After receiving the X or #, all players close their eyes. One player at a time will open their eyes and look at the card and number (if they had a # drawn) otherwise they will not look at it if they had an X. This can also allow for multiple X players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.