Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leigh Hathaway
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mb
Hey guys,

I'd love to see a list of games that people have had success running this system with.

I imagine it works well with a multitude of games but if there are some games in particular that have been test played i'd be keen to give it a go with them.

Thanks,

Leigh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben
Netherlands
flag msg tools
If you search for solo system on http://sgoyt.onesuponagame.com you will find entries where they tested the system with games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
El Rubinio wrote:
If you search for solo system on http://sgoyt.onesuponagame.com you will find entries where they tested the system with games.

View The Solo System Details on SGOYT Aggregator
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Mestdagh
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The development thread had several examples of people playing it.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1584669/wip-solo-system-201...

Also, the rules are in 2 parts and the second part (the guide) has 4 examples of turns applied to different games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Hathaway
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mb
Awesome thanks guys, i'll check them out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandros Boucharelis
Greece
Drama
flag msg tools
designer
ubi bene ibi patria
mbmbmbmbmb
a geeklist would be nice too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Andrews
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mb
Heya Leigh,

It works really well with many games. The best way is to set up a game, sit down and just adapt the cards as best as possible to control the opponent as you go taking notes what works and what doesn't. There's so much choice of options across the different cards it works really well. You don't have to follow the suggested use of each element either, you can make up/adapt on the fly.

I recently learnt how to play Dungeon Command solo and went through quite a few different interpretations before settling on a 'fixed' set of rules but the fun was just as high in the first few learning turns as I tried different things. I didn't restart at any point just played and addressed the balance as I went.

In the end I settled on a really simple approach using the Tactics section of the Movement/Tactical Deck.

Move = Activate unit that can make the best move into cover/range/LOS
Heal/Attack = Activate the unit with best attack or healing ability
Build Up = Activate the unit that can move to/collect Treasure/Morale counters
Special = Activate the unit that can do the most damage with the Tactics cards

I also made it alternate unit activation.

Here's the game in progress:

Hope this helps!

Craig
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Smith
msg tools
I find the solo system really COOL!
I have a curious question for you, Chad.
Is the Solo System Public Domain?
Did you make it Public Domain, because I'm kinda curious, because I saw the 'No Rights Reserved" license on all the 4 Solo System downloads.
Does that mean that I can make my own open source version of it and make quick money off of it dirt cheap?
I'm curious, are you the original Creator of the Solo System?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Mestdagh
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I am going to put it onto the Game Crafter very soon. I am just putting together the files.

Yes, I am the original creator of the the Solo System. I suppose you could do what you said, but that would be fairly rude of you to do though. The Solo System is loosely based on a few role playing systems such as Mythic Game Master Emulator and The Covetous Poet's Adventure Creator and Solo GM Guidebook, but it is its own entity. I wouldn't file a court order to cease and desist if that is what you are asking.

I do want the system to be freely available, hence the reason for posting it free to download. As for copyright, your moral compass I suppose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Olsen
Denmark
Ringsted
Danmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
radchad wrote:
I do want the system to be freely available, hence the reason for posting it free to download.

And thank you for that!

I am very happy with it so far. To my surprise it worked excellently with a tactical game I tried (Fighting Formations). My next attempt will be a miniatures game, and I suspect that will work equally well.

Thanks again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Mestdagh
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, if anyone is interested, the game has now been published on The Game Crafter!

The game is still (and will always be) free to print and play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.