$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
28.7% of Goal | 29 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

SeaFall» Forums » General

Subject: Do you open the extra card packs labeled "Event A" etc that are blacked out? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dustin Taylor
United States
Somerset
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rulebook says to open all cards and just leave the chests sealed. But these separate extra event packs looked a little suspicious, and I didn't see any reason they would all be packaged individually and separate from the other event cards unless they were special unlocks later on. What's the deal? I'm finding some of the wording in the rulebook can't be trusted when taken literally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Blackburn
United Kingdom
Helston
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only open those when told to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Taylor
United States
Somerset
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Steue wrote:

This is what I suspected, thanks. Not very well written for the book to say "open all card packs" then include loose packs of cards not in a chest that you don't open right away
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spunXtain wrote:
Steue wrote:

This is what I suspected, thanks. Not very well written for the book to say "open all card packs" then include loose packs of cards not in a chest that you don't open right away

The rules do actually cover this:
SeaFall, p6 wrote:
Event Cards
The game starts with 10 event cards, 6 that are revealed and 4 that are each in their own sealed bag. Bagged event cards live in the storage chest until a milestone activates them. When this happens, find the event card in the storage chest, remove it from its bag, and add the card to the event draw pile. More event cards, both bagged and revealed, will enter the game. When discovered, new revealed event cards are immediately shuffled into the event deck. New bagged event cards go into the storage chest until their milestone is completed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Taylor
United States
Somerset
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Becq wrote:
spunXtain wrote:
Steue wrote:

The rules do actually cover this:
SeaFall, p6 wrote:
Event Cards
The game starts with 10 event cards, 6 that are revealed and 4 that are each in their own sealed bag. Bagged event cards live in the storage chest until a milestone activates them. When this happens, find the event card in the storage chest, remove it from its bag, and add the card to the event draw pile. More event cards, both bagged and revealed, will enter the game. When discovered, new revealed event cards are immediately shuffled into the event deck. New bagged event cards go into the storage chest until their milestone is completed.

Thanks, indeed it does, in another section. Still think the wording in the "setup" section could be better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Sousa
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
For maximum fun, don't look at the new event cards before adding them to the deck so that the first time you find out what they do is when they happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cochran
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Gamblin Mat Cauthon wrote:
For maximum fun, don't look at the new event cards before adding them to the deck so that the first time you find out what they do is when they happen.

That's what we did. Because I had the Observatory after we added them and card C was on top of the deck but unrevealed, I actually have some inside information going into the next game, too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.