7 Posts

Zombicide: Black Plague» Forums » General

Subject: Custom Quest - Saving Private Ryan rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
savid gan
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
Can someone give me some opinions please?
I'm trying to think out of the box to create a quest that is both challenging and capable to reach its climate battle at the end, something to look forward to!

Saving Private Ryan

Very Hard/4 to 5 players/120 minutes

INTRO:
Our comrade/s was/were captured by the Necromancer and held in captivity, torturing them to expose the hideout of the last civilians. A monster is guarding the key to the Dungeon. It has been 3 days...A rescue team was set up! We shall not forsaken them! At once, we must set foot on the long journey filled with perils to rescue our people! Never fear, never surrender!

TILES NEEDED:
2V,1V,3R,6R,9R,8V

ROUTE OF ORDER
Sweep & Search the rooms >> Enter The Necromancer's Tile & kill him >> Yellow Vault & Take Dragon Biles >> Slaughter the Abomination >> Face the Finale Battle >> Save your Comrade >> Successfully reach the Temple with all Prisoners survive >> End of Quest.

OBJECTIVES:
- Get to Purple Vault and secure the 2 legendary weapons of the middle age.
- Get the Green Key to open up the green door. After it's opened, The Necromancer will begin his activation to access the Yellow Vault and destroy all the Dragon biles in it.
- Slaughter the Abomination with DragonFire!
- Save your Comrade/s from the Dungeon. (The Exit Point)
- Protect your comrade/s and reach safety to the temple in 1V. (Prisoner died = Game Over)

SPECIAL RULES:
- If the Necromancer reaches the Yellow Vault = Game Over.
- Spawning will begin for the x1 Spawn Token (Necromancer's Tile) once the Green Key has been retrieved!
- Remove Spawn token at the Necromancer's Tile after the rescue team has killed the Necromancer. No need to spawn here anymore.
- The only way to enter 8V (The Necromancer's Tile) is via the Green Door.
- The 3x Spawn points at 6R Tile is accumulative. Begin with 1 of the 3 Spawn points. Spawn Zombies as usual.
- Each time you pick up a red key (2 in total), add a new Spawn Point to 6R Tile which add up to 3. Spawn as usual.
- You cannot access to the Abomination's Tile via 2V. The only way is through the Yellow Vault.
- As usual, spawn new Zombies in the each of the room when the Green Door is first opened.
- No Zombies can access the temple on Tile 1V. (Where the Abomination is)
- The player torching the Dragon Bile will not die if he wears a Plate Mail 3+.
- The 2x red objectives are the keys to open the Purple Vault.
- The Yellow Vault does not require a key to open.
- Get the Blue key to open the Blue door.
- The Prisoner cannot attack Zombies. They/He/She has up to 2 move actions and own 2xHP.
- Replace every 2 walkers with 1 runner when run out of walker.
- You nor the Zombies can enter any rooms from 6R Tile. The only way to get to and out of 6R Tile is via the Temple on 1V. All Zombies cannot access the Temple. (Only the Abomination can be there to guard the Blue key)

SETUP:
- Place 1 to 2 Heroes in the Exit (Dungeon in this case).
- Place both Inferno and Orcish Crossbow in the Purple Vault.
- Place all Dragon Biles cards in the Yellow Vault.
- Place the Necromancer on 8V.
- Place the Abomination on 1V.
- Remove all The Necromancer and Abomination cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Federico Scheverin
msg tools
mbmbmb
looks good!!

Good Game means its over and you lose? hahaah maybe you should change it... im familiar with the term cause of LOL but maybe not everuyone will understand

i´ll try it soon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
savid gan
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
Hey, yep. Good game means game over. I tried this tonight and i think instead of 3 spawns points at the finale, it should come down to 2. I ran out of zombies! And 2 heros dead. But i did use Nelly 5 turns to open the blue door and save 1 prisoner out to the temple.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What if you just put one spawn in by the exit and each time the players pick up a key, place another spawn point by the exit as shown.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
savid gan
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
Wow, yes! That is a good suggestion!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice job! This looks fun but I have some questions for you:

1. Do you start with 4 survivors at the start zone? or 6.
2. Do the Green, Blue and Red objectives give 5XP like normal? Does it require an action as normal?
3. Can the Necro open the yellow vault door?
4. Does the necro have his own spawn tile as well as the red one that is on his tile.
5. If you eliminate the necro do you get to remove any one spawn token from the board?
6. Are the 2V, 3V and 8V tiles open to the street zones of the 6R tile?
7. "Remove all The Necromancer and Abomination cards." Do you put them back in the deck once they become active respectively? Or else no extra activations?
8. "No Zombies can access the temple on Tile 1V. (Where the Abomination is)" So this means zombies do not follow the survivors through the yellow vault? Why is this?
9. It's not stated but do you have to collect the blue X in order to open the blue door?
10. The way you show the vaults adjacent to the board it might suggest you can walk right into them. Is that the intent? Or must you go through the vault doors as normal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
savid gan
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
Thank you for your questions! I'd love to clarify them. Hope you can give it a try because I had a blast yesternight doing all the mass slaughtering. Consider using Repulse Enchantment when u first enter 6R!

1. Do you start with 4 survivors at the start zone? or 6. 4-5
2. Do the Green, Blue and Red objectives give 5XP like normal? Does it require an action as normal? Yep.
3. Can the Necro open the yellow vault door? Yes, that is his mission to prevent us from getting the Dragon Biles.
4. Does the necro have his own spawn tile as well as the red one that is on his tile. Nope
5. If you eliminate the necro do you get to remove any one spawn token from the board? No
6. Are the 2V, 3V and 8V tiles open to the street zones of the 6R tile? Nope, the direction of movement has 4 layers: Rooms cleaning, weapon searching >> Clean up the Necromancer's tile >> Burn the Monster >> Finale Battle at 6R (Can be crazy, because you need to plan carefully who's going in to open the blue door and get the prisoner from the Dungeon back to the Temple, who's cleaning the swamp. I died both my Wizard and Clovis here.)
7. "Remove all The Necromancer and Abomination cards." Do you put them back in the deck once they become active respectively? Or else no extra activations? Just no extra activation.
8. "No Zombies can access the temple on Tile 1V. (Where the Abomination is)" So this means zombies do not follow the survivors through the yellow vault? Why is this? Because the objective is to reach the safe zone which is the Temple. If you need a sensible explanation, I can assume the Zombies knows its the Temple where the big guy is + a Sacred Place. So they don't dare to enter.
9. It's not stated but do you have to collect the blue X in order to open the blue door? Yep, u need the blue X to open the blue door.
10. The way you show the vaults adjacent to the board it might suggest you can walk right into them. Is that the intent? Or must you go through the vault doors as normal? As per normal, through the Vault door.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.