Popular Tags: [View All]
Ludovic Nieres
France
Toulouse
---
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I have purchased this game and, while reading the rules, I noticed that it is said that the game could last more than 12 rounds. I wonder how it is possible, as the rules state clearly that an event card must be drawn every round.
So, 12 events cards = 12 rounds, right?

Thanks for the answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goat Goatington
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
The game ends when all 4 construction cards have been turned face up and at least 12 events have been drawn. If you get through all 12 and don't have 4 construction events face up, the game doesn't end. Shuffle the face down event cards (i.e. everything except the construction events that were completed) and form a new event deck. The game will now last at least 13 rounds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Nieres
France
Toulouse
---
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

Ok, but how could you have played 12 rounds without having drawn the 4 "construction" event cards?

Remember: there are 12 events cards: 4 "construction", 4 "war" and 4 "tribute".

Thank you for your answer anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goat Goatington
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
If nobody scores any points on a construction card, flip the card face down. If at least one player scores (by either option), leave it face up.

The game end condition is at least 12 rounds played and all 4 construction cards face up. If you complete 12 rounds and some are not face up, they get shuffled back in and you start the event deck again. Any face up construction cards are not shuffled back in.

It's more likely that this will happen if construction is in the first couple of cards drawn or if you get a few in sequence, which means people may not have the goods or worker to complete it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Nieres
France
Toulouse
---
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Goat,

Okay, I have finally got it... I didn't understand that a construction event without any player building something meant this event must be turned down...
Now it is clear, thank you very much.

Have a good day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.