Subject: Solo game - tiebreaker? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kathrin
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played my first two solo games (and enjoyed doing so, by the way).
My first game ended with a clear win for the virtual player, but in the second game, we were tied in points. Which raised the question how to settle a tie in the solo game.

The section on solo play doesn't mention tiebreakers.
For the multiplayer game, the tiebreakers are:
1. least unused tools
2. most sealed portals
3. most cards in hand
4. oldest player

Since the virtual player doesn't score minus points for unused tools (he typically accumulates a lot of them), I tend to think that "least unused tools" wouldn't be used as a tiebreaker in the solo game. "most cards in hand" doesn't apply either, since the virtual player doesn't have a hand, and I have no idea about his age.

So, is it down to "most sealed portals", or do we share the win?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Correia
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Kathrin!

Your interpretation is right, the tiebreakers 1,3 and 4 aren't used when playing against the AI. That means whoever sealed the most portals wins.

However, if there's still a tie, the AI player wins. It is consistent with the goal: beat the AI's score!

Thank you for bringing this up, I'll ask B&D to clarify it in future editions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathrin
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick reply, Manuel.

Yay, I won - 8 portals to the AI's 5. The poor thing really suffered from bad luck this game (and me being evil and making sure it ended up with portals it lacked the tools for...).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Correia
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well done! I've found the AI to be challenging so I'm curious about how your opinion will change with future plays.

Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.