4 Posts

Ticket to Ride: Europe» Forums » Rules

Subject: Double paths and longest route rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kaffe Lars
msg tools
Hi all,

So I was playing yesterday with some friends and we came to discuss how to calculate the longest route if double paths are used. Let's say I have a route going Brest -> Dieppe -> London -> Edinburgh -> London -> Amsterdam -> Essen -> Berlin. On the London -> Edinburgh -> London part I have used both paths. Am I allowed to use this part of the route when calculating the longest route?`

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven F.
Sweden
Västra Götaland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
KaffeLars wrote:
Hi all,

So I was playing yesterday with some friends and we came to discuss how to calculate the longest route if double paths are used. Let's say I have a route going Brest -> Dieppe -> London -> Edinburgh -> London -> Amsterdam -> Essen -> Berlin. On the London -> Edinburgh -> London part I have used both paths. Am I allowed to use this part of the route when calculating the longest route?`

Cheers

You are not allowed to use both parts of a double route.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Darcy
Australia
Blue Mountains
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What Sven said.
To quote from the rules:
Quote:
Some cities are connected by Double - Routes. These are routes whose spaces are parallel and equal in number from one city to another. One player can never claim both routes between the same cities during the course of the game.

Further, though probably not relevant in your case, in two and three player games, only one side of a double route can be used.

London - Edinburgh is a double route.

EDIT: Fixed some typos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaffe Lars
msg tools
Thanks for your help guys.

Just found this rule in the english rule book - must have overlooked it in my own.

:-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.