Hide
5 Posts

Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Barricade event card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bojan Prakljacic
msg tools
I have one question about Barricade event card that is bothering me.

It says:

''Attach to your location.

Non-Elite enemies cannot move into attached location. ''

If you leave the location barricade is gone.

Now, if I draw a standard non-elite enemy during the mythos phase, is he engaged with me even if I have a barricade card on my location (because he spawns from within) or should I discard him because barricade is preventing him to engage me (move inside)?

Following the wording on the card, I would say that he still spawns inside my location and engages me, and can even move outside the location, but he would not be able to enter that location, moving into it from the outside.

This kinda beats the purpose of the barricade for me. It means I can barricade myself with the enemy and he can burst through the barricade outside, but for some reason he can't get back in. XD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Berg
Sweden
flag msg tools
mb
Yes, barricading yourself with monsters on the inside beats the purpose of the barricade, unless there are also monsters outside. It's all about what situation you find yourself in.

Also, you are not that good at barricading that no one can get in ever, or maybe you missed the ghoul already lurking inside your room.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It does what it says. It prevents moving, not spawning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Evade, move to other location, play barricade - seems expensive for that, actions wise - course some enemies have set spawn locations
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark horneff
United Kingdom
london
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is very situational but can be a life saver against monsters that like to hunt. Being engaged with multiple monsters can lead to a very quick defeat, this card allows you to control the monster flow somewhat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.